Monday, January 28, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 28

TODAY IS NATIONAL SERENDIPITY DAY

There's an art to finding something when you're not looking for it..

Serendipity is … part of the rush that is the daily magic of discovery. It's one of those small things that make life worth living, despite all the torment, pain, tragedy and stifling Interstate traffic.

Every day is a bouquet of surprises. I wake each morning, put on my socks and shoes, and face a new day of wonder and discovery. Why deny or refuse such a gift? If I had been looking for it, I would not have found it.

It was serendipity, that ability to make fortunate discoveries accidentally, that opened that door in my heart.

Bits and pieces from articles that I’ve read

 

GOOD MORNING !

It is Monday once again and we’ve another new day and a new week to find those amazing discoveries that make life worthwhile.

This first month of the New Year is almost over. On Friday we’ll be starting a NEW month and another chapter will begin in my book 08 .

The beginning of the year has brought many happy times and everyday discoveries that I’ll keep in my heart and treasure. The biggest celebrations have been the birthdays in my family. We have 4 of them and each one is a blessing for sure. And of course, I’m celebrating the acquisition of a camper for me. One of my greatest pleasures is once again making an appearance in my life.

It’s been a great start to the year and if it is any indication of the days to come, my days are going to be filled with lots of joy and lots of new discoveries.

The work I do, my job, the endless days of paperwork, phone messages and filing will still be there. But I’m appreciating them more these days as they are my means to some happy times and a way that will enable me to make those that are dear in my life a little happier too.

I’ve put aside the thoughts of only being able to exist, and have replaced them with anticipation of doing what counts in life. I’ve a wise friend that said to me…It is so simple, all we have to do is love God and love others. I’m sticking to this simple saying and making each day count.

Life is simple if we let it be. Too often we make mountains out of molehills with petty arguments and gripes and complaints. All the clutter that tends to make us miserable can be done away with those very wise words.

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Hear the word "darkness" and the word "light" immediately comes to mind. Maybe these two conditions are not so very far apart after all. Still, while darkness has its time and place, we usually feel more confident in "well-lit" situations.

While God is present in both darkness and light, we rejoice at the illumination God's Spirit brings to us, especially in times of need. We may fear failure, loneliness, pain, loss and death. But just like imaginary ones, these monsters thrive in the dark. When we bring them into the Light, they lose their power.

If, instead of hiding our fears, we expose them to God, we see that, terrifying as they are, they have ultimately been defeated. There is no darkness too deep for God’s Light to penetrate.

From one of my Sunday morning devotionals.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspirational as always
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

I think I need to take some of this advice for myself.  I need to not make life a little more simple.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Very nice....thanks for sharing...have a wonderful week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a great week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon.  We have been to town and back already.. retirement days. lol Great post about serendipity. When I think of Monday... the song Monday Monday runs through my mind! lol Wow! Time does go by fast!! I have never been one to camp, but I must say it sure sounds like a lot of fun! God can take care of anything! God bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I loved your family pictures from yesterday.  What a nice looking family you have and everyone looked so good in those yellow tees.  Yes those are the best times, they are what makes life good.  I totally agree about those petty things also, all you have to hear is that someone you love is seriously ill and all those seem so unimportant immediately.  Hope your day at work went well.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of "Serendipity Day" and I want to remember it.
You have a lot to celebrate in your family now. Enjoy it and I can't wait to hear of your first camping trip in your new trailer.
Pam