Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 2

ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE . . .

I LEARNED FROM TREES

It's important to have roots.

In today's complex world, it pays to branch out.

Don't pine away over old flames.

If you really believe in something, don't be afraid to go out on a limb.

Be flexible so you don't break when a harsh wind blows.

Sometimes you have to shed your old bark in order to grow.

If you want to maintain accurate records, keep a log.

To be politically correct, don't wear firs.

Grow where you're planted.

It's perfectly okay to be a late bloomer.

Avoid people who would like to cut you down.

Get all spruced up when you have a hot date.

If the party gets boring, just leaf.

You can't hide your true colors as you approach the autumn of your life.

Author Unknown

For some the New Year just couldn’t come soon enough. But there are also parts of this past year that were special, influential and memorable. These moments are worth remembering and holding onto. Like the roots of a plant or tree they are vitally important. They can give us direction and sustenance as we begin a new year. We say thanks for God’s gentle presence in our lives throughout the year just gone.

From one of my morning devotions

 

GOOD MORNING !

I do hope you all had a great New Years Day and are ready to begin again. I’m all refreshed and renewed and going off to work once more.

I didn’t do a lot with my little vacation, but I did enjoy the company of some of my family and got some much needed rest too.

The weather here is very cold and I’ve put the layers on so I’ll be keeping nice and warm. We will be having 3 months of cold, snow and ice ahead of us now.

Spring will come again as it always does and I’m so looking forward to it. Now is the time to make plans and prepare for those nice days ahead. I know many anticipate their gardens and look at seed catalogs and plan what they want to have this year. I don’t plant a garden and most of our flowers come up again each year, but I am planning on what I’ll need in the way of camping.

Come April, I’ll be in my ‘little spot in the woods’ most every weekend so I’ll need to be thinking about what will have to be taken along to the camper. We don’t travel in our ‘caravans', they are like little homes away from home parked at permanent camp sites at a campground. This place has swimming, fishing , boating and lots of other outdoor things to do. I’ll be making a list of things like assorted pots, pans, utensils, towels sheets, cleaning supplies, and non perishable food stuffs that can be used there. Then I can pack it up in storage bins so I’ll be all ready to go.

I’m excited about it all, but I’ve learned to be flexible as every thing doesn’t go the way I plan.Plans change and there is not much we can do about it. I don’t stop making plans because of it, but I’ve come to understand that even though I want something very much, it is not always what is to be.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Write your plans in pencil

and give God the eraser.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah hubby is all itching to go camping already lol

Anonymous said...

Camping is so much fun! And you are so right....we can't guarantee our plans at all. Hope your first day back to work isn't too bad.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I just know you wil enjoy your camper so so much.My sisters had one for many years and I have had many lovely breaks away in theres.The travelling to and fro,got quite too much for them this last few yrs as they are all three of them much older than myself.So they sold them.They have missed them so much,,but fond memories can never be taken away of all the good times we have spent together there,just as you will with your family,on your breaks.Good luck with your planning.Have a lovely day wrap up well it is bitterly cold here too and gale force winds.Brrrrr.I went for a short walk on the beach front this morning.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Lovely posting as always my friend

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to have great fun this Spring.  The thoughts of that will keep you going until Spring.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Your camping weekends are going to be so fun!!
It's suppossed to rain here starting tomorrow, I hope we get more snow in the mountains this year than last so we can visit the snow at least once and then have waterfalls this summer....
Enjoy your short week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I think half the fun is in planning these trips ,and if last year is anything to go by it will soon be time to go camping again ..love Jan xx