Tuesday, January 29, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 29

There is an old Danish Legend with a lesson for us all

Of an ambitious spider and his rise and his fall

Who wove his sheer web with intricate care

As it hung suspended somewhere in mid air

Then in soft idle luxury he feasted each day

On the small idle insects he enticed as his prey

Growing evermore arrogant and smug all the while

He lived like a king in self – satisfied style

And gazing one day at the sheer strand suspended

He said I don’t need this so he recklessly rended

The strand that had held his web in its place

And with sudden swiftness the web crumbled in space

And that was the end of the spider that grew

So arrogantly proud that he no longer knew

That it was the strand that reached down from above

Like the chord of God’s grace and His infinite love

That links our lives to the great unknown

For man cannot live or exist on his own

And this old legend with simplicity told

Is a moral as true as the legend is old

Don’t sever the life line that links you to

THE FATHER IN HEAVEN

THAT CARES FOR YOU

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

I could probably fill an entire journal with the words of Helen Steiner Rice. I’ve a whole stack full of her books. Each poem I read of hers is more inspiring than the one before.

In one of the Authors notes she said something that really stuck with me and that is she says she is only a worker employed by God only the people that read her poems can help reach more hearts and homes.

So I guess I’m being God’s helper today as I ‘m sharing her words with you. She always has an uplifting message to share in each and every one of her poems.

This will be a rainy Spring like day here in Northern Ohio. We may reach temps in the high 40’s today and of course we’ll also be having rain showers. Tomorrow our temps will start to plummet down to normal winter weather once more.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation.

Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it,

while there's time.

Dale Dauten

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love HSR poems and I have lots I have saved over the years.This one I haven't read before and love.As you say each one inspries you more.Too true I hope I never lose that life line with God .The weather here is very sunny, but realy cold once again.Have very Blessed day yourself.I hope you get a few smiles and it sounds like you will be seeing a little sunshine too to warm your heart.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love Helen Steiner Rice, I used to have several of her books until they fell apart through use.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

What a great example! The wind is blowing bad here. Cloudy but not snowing. :-) Wishing you a blessed day. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Just keep in mind...Spring is coming.  I keep telling myself that too.

Hollie