Friday, January 4, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 4

Some people let life's lessons slip by unnoticed.

Others take them to heart, eagerly and often.

Life offers its lessons to all.

And life richly rewards those who accept and appreciate them.

You could complain that something doesn't work,

or you could learn to make it work.

You can allow the setbacks to discourage you,

or you can let the setbacks teach you how to get ahead.

From every experience there is a lesson.

From every person, from every situation, from every success,

and especially from every disappointment,

there is something to be learned.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

It is FRIDAY ! It’s going to be a great day !

The weekend is just about 12 hours away. My weekend starts when I get home from work today. That will be around 5:00. That is also when I’m going to a RV show with DD and her hubby after work.

RV’s are recreational vehicles otherwise known as campers. We’ll just be looking, but one or the other of us does have to buy a new camper before Spring comes. If they get a new one, I’ll buy their old one from them, If they don’t, then I’m the one to buy a new one. It doesn’t cost anything to look and I’m looking for sure.

Yesterday I noticed the tree outside my window had buds on it…little red buds. Even with all the freezing winter weather we’ve been having there was a sure sign of Spring!

There is hope they seemed to say.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

Laura Ingalls Wilder

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of Sunshine to warm your Heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Rv shows its neat to look even if you dont buy. if one of you does  i hope you share pics of the new toy

Anonymous said...

How exciting cant wait to hear ,who buys ,or not.... enjoy looking ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

We have Daffodils out here in full bloom (not in our garden) but in the UK plus other spring flowers and some of the birds are already nesting, it is crazy.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love RV shows...we went to one last year...it was so much fun.  Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Yes, God does give us lessons through life. It all depends on how we look at each one. The cup can either be half empty or half full. :-) We had snow a couple of wks ago & when I took the miniatures out there was still green grass. Strange. Everyday seems like Sat. to me now since hubby retired. :-) Have a wonderful time shopping for RV. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Living on the coast as you know ,we have many RV shows around as you call them in USA.It is a favourite hobby to go look at these in the summer months as the campers  are changing with the times every year.Becoming more modern by the month.Free shows as yours ae too, so it costs nothing and I realy enjoy them.I will have to take some snaps this year and see if AOL  will be kind enough to allow me to show you our sort of campers .I hope one or the other of you finds something to your interest.Whoo-Hoo.what a  great year it will be for you.Yes it doesn't matter what the weather be,there are always some plants which will spring forth and suprize us.Usualy the sheltered ones come forth first.My pot plants are beautiful belive it or not I planted for the spring in October.My pansies have been in bloom all Christmastime and primroses.I enclosed one basket of them in  the batch of snaps I put in my last post,which AOL decided not to show Grrrr.Safe journeys there and home and I hope you have a lovely evening browsing..Don't Spend Up LOL!! Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Oh how lucky you are to get to go to an RV show.  I LOVE going to them.  But then my part time job is in a camping resort so I get to work at them too.  Our first one here in michigan is in two weeks!  I can't wait.  Our campground is open year round and there are LOTS of people out there camping this weekend.  First weekend of ice fishing here!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the RV show!!!!!  Have a great weekend.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Our flowering pear tree has buds already too.... but for now it is windy and raining, the second storm has finally arrived...
Happy RV shopping!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, a camper.  Sounds fun.  I would love to camp.  Unless it stormed of course.  Then I'd be a whiney scaredee cat.