Sunday, January 6, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 6

Stress Relievers:

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Never buy a car you can't push.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

The second mouse gets the cheese. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Have a wonderful day and know that someone has thought about you today!

 

It is essential that you relax and take time for yourself. Find a comfortable chair and just breath like a sleeping baby. Tune into the rhythm of your breathing. Shun all other thoughts. Within minutes your shoulders will relax and all anxiousness will fade away. You’ll feel the stress subside. All you have to do is breath like a baby. (try it – it works )

 

GOOD MORNING !

I’m up and at ‘em again ! Today is R& R day so I thought I pass some tips on relaxing to you all ! Of course we all need to refresh ourselves and the best way I know to do just that is by taking myself off to church each Sunday morning.

My usual Sunday mornings are relaxing in themselves. No rushing around, just quiet time to myself. Lots of time to catch up on my devotional reading, which is done on line, and lots of time to surf the net to find some news to share with you all too !

We do need to nurture and fortify ourselves for what ever comes into our lives. Some have illness and some have financial problems. Some have family troubles and some have physical handicaps. Each of us, no matter our circumstance, needs to be strengthened for the journey.

One of my favorite quotes is from the song

A TRIP AROUND THE SUN:

Every day's a revolution

Pull it together and it comes undone

Just one more candle

and a trip around the sun…

I'm just hanging on while this

old world keeps spinning

And it's good to know it's

out of my control.

If there's one thing I have

learned from all this living

Is that it wouldn't change

a thing if I let go.

Just enjoy this ride on my

trip around the sun...

 

I’ll be praying for you all today, whatever your needs may be. The good Lord does hear and answer our every prayer.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There are some things you learn best in calm,

and some in storm.

Willa Cather

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry!!! I hope you throughly enjoy your day of R&R.  I know I'm going to try to do the same.  Thanks for the prayers too.  I can always use them.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I am going to take some time for R & R for myself today.  I am worn out!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, like with my weeping entry a few days ago, a stress reliever is having thoughtful people leave kind comments. Thank you. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry full ,as usual , of good advice ,Im off now to breath like a baby ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your RR day. You are so right...we all need to be strengthened for the journey.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I could just do to do what you reccomend,but I never seem to have the tme for some reason.I put aside an hour tonight, just for that reason and my telephone rang.It was my Son in USA so was I delighted I could give up my hour for a chat with  him any second of any day.I have made a promise to try and relax and pay more attention to myself year.Lovely posting once again love the  quotes and so true .I hope you have a wonderful R&R day yourself,I am sure you will.Mine has been a realy busy one today and not so good news but more of that later.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Great entry, thank you for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful day with RR. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

yes w edo need to care for ourselves or we will be sorely hurting and no good to others

Anonymous said...

Alot of good wisdom here today...
Linda :)