Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 30

 

GOOD MORNING GOD !

YOU are ushering in another day

Untouched and freshly new

So here I come to ask you

God If you’ll renew me too

Forgive the many errors

That I made yesterday

And let me try again dear God

To walk closer in THY WAY…

But Father, I am well aware

I can’t make it on my own

So TAKE MY HAND

and HOLD IT TIGHT

For I can’t walk alone.

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

It sounds like I’ll need an extra prayer or two to get me through this day. The weather man warned us all last night of High Winds, Cold Temps, and snow. We went crashing down from a balmy 48 degrees before I went to bed to a bitter cold morning of 15 or so degrees today. I don’t think we will make it out of the 20’s. It is Very Very cold. BRRRCHILL!

I haven’t a clue what the roads will be like as the day progresses, but I’m hoping for the best. My 20 minute ride to work and back can sometimes get very long. Right now there is just a smattering of snow outside, but the wind is howling.

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When the night has been too lonely,

and the road has been too long,

and you think that love is only

for the lucky and the strong,

just remember, in the winter,

far beneath the bitter snow,

lies the seed that with the sun's love

in the spring becomes the rose.

From 'The Rose,' written by Amanda McBroom

As performed by Bette Midler

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip to work and back ~ and I loved your thought for the day ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

we have the really high winds and cold stuff here too!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! We are due for something tomorrow. :( I love roses.. red ones the best! God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I've always loved those lyrics from the rose. Beautiful!
Pam

Anonymous said...

How I love the song, "The Rose."  We had someone to sing it at our wedding back in '87.  Be careful out on those roads.

Hollie