Sunday, January 20, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 20

A great deal of what we see

depends on what we’re looking for.

Author Unknown

Everyone’s experience is just so different each day and of course it all depends on what we’re looking for. If our expectations are high and unrealistic the chances are we’re going to be disappointed. If our demands of other people are too high then we are sure to be disappointed

When we’re looking for little and small we will find plenty. They all do add up to something substantial. Today I can look for something good in my life. It may be small, it may seem insignificant but within the bigger picture it is the most precious of all.

From one of my morning devotions

GOOD MORNING !

We all have small things in our lives that we often take for granted . I do it all the time and don’t realize how meaningful that small thing was until I no longer have it.

Little things like my hot cup of coffee would be dearly missed if my coffee pot didn’t work each morning. It is bitter cold here with temps going to below 0 degrees they say by tonight. Right now it is 5 degrees.It ‘s windy too , which makes for a windchill factor.

I left my warm house Saturday morning go to DS#6;s for his birthday celebration. The good news is that it did not snow. I was home again before it was dark out so it was a quick trip to be sure. I spent more time on the road than I actually got to stay at his house. 2 hours there 3 hours spent visiting and 2 hours home. But at least I got to go.

My family is large and there are a lot of celebrations and events. While I cannot make it to all of them, I do go to the ones that I can. Each of them is so special and every occasion is worth celebrating. Once you suddenly loose someone you love, you really do learn how important it is to celebrate every moment.

I guess I’ll be having more than one good cup of coffee this morning. Holding a warm cup in my hand and sipping the fragrant brew feels very good today. I’ll be going to church as always for my weekly dose of R & R and I’ll be saying those extra prayers for all of you too! May dear Lord bless you all !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Once you get past the idea that for every winner there must be a loser, amazing things can happen.

Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval

May your day be bless with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

 

www.untilthengraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you got to go to your DS's for his birthday.  It is cold here too, but not that cold.....15 here.  We got some snow yesterday, but not much.  Oh well, I have to say I'm ready for Spring now.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you got to visit with your family yesterday. That is a long drive! Wow!
Stay warm and safe!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you were able to go to your son's birthday party and that you had a nice time. Have a great relaxing Sunday.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

How nice that you made it to the party and got home safe again.  I hate long journeys.  Have a lovely week and keep safe.  Hugs, Tells x

Anonymous said...

It's great that you have so much family that surrounds you.  Makes us much happier that we realize.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

We met our oldest son, daughter, grand-daughter and their children today to eat out. We all had a wonderful time together. Yes, it sure has been cold. Like that morning coffee! lol We also went to church today. Wishing you lots of blessings throughout the week. Janie

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to your family celebration safe and sound.  Your weather sounds alot like our is goingt to be for the next couple of days.  It's usually not that cold here so we're all whinning.  Hope you had a good Sunday.  Joni

Anonymous said...

20 Degrees here tonight.  I wish everyone felt like you do about family.
Too many are distant and never see each other.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to DS#6!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

A very belated Happy Birthday to your son ,and yes I count my coffee pot among my blessings lol ..love Jan xx