Tuesday, January 22, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 22

Be happy. It's one way of being wise.

Colette

 

The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours.

No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen.

And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot.

The possibility is always there.

Monica Baldwin

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve gathered just a few short thoughts this morning to help us start the day. It is truly a day is full of possibilities. It seems we never know from what minute to the next exactly what will happen. A phone call can change our lives. Meeting someone new can change your life. Some days are as slow as molasses and others speed by. Others, like most of mine, are just simple and ordinary.

I always try to hope for the best and make the most of what I have. Occassionally I succeed.

We are supposed to have snow today. The weather man called it a Rockie Mountain low that was moving like an Alberta Clipper. It will be in and out quickly, dumping snow along the way.

Many to the northwest of here have already had it. I’ve found that reading others journals is almost like having mypersonal weather man, because very often the weather they are having comes our way the next day.

I am keeping my layers of clothing on trying to keep warm and haven’t had to take any off lately. If anything I ‘m adding another.

Thought for Today

You can't give a hug without getting a hug.

Author Unknown

And…

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.cutecolors.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to You!   ;)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

We had snow this morning on the way to work.  Made the drive really yucky.  Hopefully it will stop so the ride home isn't as bad.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Well it's very cold and sun shiny up here in the pacific northwest this morning, but no snow, thank goodness.  I like to layer too, it's the best way to go.  We're getting a new furnace today, so I'm on my way to the gym where it's warm.  Joni

Anonymous said...

WE GOT SNOW BUT NOT THE 6 INCHES EXPECTED   it is sunny today and clear and very cold  ...... I guess its winter, huh?  hope your having a nice day, Sandra

Anonymous said...

We had rain and ice this morning. Streets and side walks were really slick!! Funny I felt like something you would write would hit home... don't let people drive you crazy when in walking distance... I was't and there was ice everywhere!! lol Great entry as usual. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!  Spring is coming!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

It's finally raining a bit outside....
and the drama has settled here and looks to be a quiet rest of the week....
Have a good day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Ha Haa ,I love that quote about people driving you mad when its only walking distance ,very clever ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I liked the driving you mad comment.  This morning, the very busy lady at the drive-in window said, "I've lost my mind this morning. If you see it , tell it that it's too little to be out by itself!" I thought that was pretty cute, too.  Keep up the inspirational entries.  Love them.