Monday, December 31, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 31

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE !

 

To leave the old with a burst of song;

To recall the right and forgive the wrong;

To forget the things that bind you fast;

To the vain regrets of the year that's past;

To have the strength to let go your hold

Of the not worth while of the days grown old;

To dare go forth with a purpose true,

To the unknown task of the year that's new;

To help your brother along the road,

To assist with his work and lift his load;

To add your gift to the world's good cheer,

Is to have and to give a Happy New Year.

author unknown

 

Usually, when people get to the end of a chapter, they close the book and go to sleep. I deliberately write my books so when the reader gets to the end of a chapter, he or she must turn one more page. When people tell me I've kept them up all night, I feel like I've succeeded!

Sidney Sheldon

GOOD MORNING !

The end of my book for 2007 has come. Tomorrow I’ll start on 2008 and I hope to share with you some SUNSHINE and SMILES through out the NEW year.

Today’s entry is a little longer than usual, but I had so much to share that I thought you wouldn’t mind

I’ll be having some of my family over for dinner tomorrow and that is about the extent of my celebrating. If I can manage I’ll stay up and watch the New Year come in on TV then go to bed. Usually some of the babes call right after midnight so I try to stay awake to talk to them.

May you all be blessed with a wonderful New Year and may those dreams and wishes come true for you and if they don’t , just remember some of the best prayers are the unanswered ones.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

CELEBRATE!

Let this coming year be better than all the others.

Vow to do some of the things you've always wanted to do but couldn't find the time.

Call up a forgotten friend.

Share a funny story with someone whose spirits are dragging.

A good laugh can be very good medicine.

Make a genuine effort to stay in closer touch with family and good friends.

The sure way to have a friend is to be one.

Find the time to be kind and thoughtful.

Give a compliment. It's sure to give someone a badly needed lift.

Think things through. Forgive an injustice.

Listen more. Be kind.

Apologize when you realize you are wrong. An apology never diminishes a person. It elevates him.

Don't blow your own horn. If you've done something praiseworthy, someone will notice eventually.

Lighten up. When you feel like blowing your top, ask yourself, "Will it matter in a week from today?".

Laugh the loudest when the joke is on you.

Don't discourage a beginner from trying something risky.

Nothing ventured means nothing gained.

Be optimistic. The can-do spirit is the fuel that makes things go.

Don't abandon your old-fashioned principles. They never go out of style.

When courage is needed, ask yourself, "If not me, who?

If not now, when?"

Walk tall, and smile more. You'll look 10 years younger.

Don't be afraid to say, "I love you". Say it again.

They are the sweetest words in the world

CELEBRATE !

Some things do matter.

Every year gives birth to blessings,

little acts of thoughtfulness, devotion, courage and self-sacrifice.

Smiles unexpected and unasked for.

Silent, hard-won victories over evil.

Such blessings change lives, and one generation passes them along to the next.

On this final day of the year, why not leave some small blessing for those who will follow after you?

Celebrate to the fullest this whistle-blowing, toast-raising moment, for it is the threshold between the old and the new

May every day of this NEW YEAR be blessed with a few SMILES and lot of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:   www.cutecolors.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year my friend

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!  Linda

Anonymous said...

may you be belssed greatly also. yes got to cut downon junk food. now i was wondering if you do chapter one page one it will be the same as this years. maybe for each year you could do chapter 1 page 1 08 or visa versa. lol Book 08 lol chaper one page one lol

Anonymous said...

How could I go into The New Year without calling here and closing your 2007 book with you.I have enjoyed reading every word, of every posting ,you have written.Your journal lifts me in a way that is undescribable.As you know at this present time,I am not too good.I wish to thank you for all your kind words sent to me via E. Mails and comments,they have all been so very much appreciated.I hope you have a lovely quiet restful evening and a wonderful time tomorrow with your babes and may you be blessed in "The New Year 2008" with Good Health Peace and Prosperity..I hope also you are blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your beautiful heart. Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! I hope 2008 is a good one...

Anonymous said...

We are going to an elderly couples home (90 & 94 years young! lol) tomorrow to eat some black eyed peas and cornbread. lol Wishing you a wonderful New Years Day. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

We have just over an hour to go til midnight... We have had our blackeyed peas and are watching movies...
Happy New Year!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

HOLLIE