Sunday, December 9, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 9

Start living now.

Stop saving the good china for that special occasion.

Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes.

Every day you are alive is a special occasion.

Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.

Mary Manin Morrissey

GOOD MORNING !

If you are like me and are on line today that means we both received a GIFT -- We both have another day to rise and shine and make the very most of what we can with the gift we ‘ve been given.

It may be cloudy and dark and supposed to get quite icy out here, but in my heart the sun is shinning. I’ve got nothing but good things to be thankful for today.

As you can see by the photos I put in my post this morning I had a delightful day yesterday and yes, that sun did peep through for an hour or so!

Hopefully the roads won’t be ice covered by the time I leave for church today and I’ll make it from the car into church without slipping.

Our weather report isn’t looking real great all week long. Winter is still officially a few days off, but the weather doesn’t seem to know that.

The good Lord willin’ I’ll make it into that church this morning and as always I’ll be praying for all of you . There are lots to be praying for this time of year. Let us not forget those far from home serving their country in the armed forces. This special time of year makes it really hard on them being away from home and loved ones.

Take good care All !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

This is the season of peace, joy and love; but why do we need a season for these feelings? Why can't every day be filled with this peace, joy and love?

The gift I give to you is the gift of love; for with this love you find peace and joy! Love is the foundation of all things

Finally Loving Yourself is the pitcher that keeps filling up your cup. Love is not just a noun it is an action word. In order for you to feel love, you have to do things that turn the action into that feeling.

I wish the whole world could know this love. If everyone filled their heart with this love there would be no wars, meanness or angry words.

We would all live in peace with one another and find joy in the simple things of life. No one would be judging the next person and saying my religion is better than yours, there would be no terrorism or fighting; we would be living in peace and joy, by virtue of the love we have inside of us.

I believe that this is what God had in mind in the first place. There is only one who is perfect and this is God. When we strive for perfection we are in a sense attempting to be God-like. God loves us with all of our imperfection. His love will not change.

Don't allow the holiday truce to disappear after the celebration turns into a New Year! Let your love shine LOve is contagious! When the love is on inside it can't help but come out and bless the world.

May you have a blessed day! May your love shine!

I read and treasured this e-mail from a very dear Lady last year at Christmas time.…

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father bless my dear friend to day also amen

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this entry so much...the Thought of the Day was wonderful...enjoy your week ahead...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

This was a wonderful posting.It would be wonderful if all gave love and were kind to each other.I pray that day will come around.The graphics are wonderful too.Thankyou for these lovely words you have wrote today.Have a blessed Sunday.I hope the weather is kind to you for your travels to church and back.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.aol.co/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful gift today ,a visit from  Son and a Daughter and their partners ,so now Im trying to play catch up lol ...love Jan xx..love

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you made it to church and back in one piece! Stay safe and warm!
Pam

Anonymous said...

My husband drove to church this morning. I am not good on ice and snow. The roads were a little slick with sleet. Came home and I don't plan on getting out for a couple of days. Hope you day was great. God Bless, Janie