Friday, December 21, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 21

 

On Christmas morning, our joy or our happiness can be at a very high level, not because of our anticipation of what we might receive but, rather, in anticipation of watching our loved ones open our gifts to them.

In fact, if we're not careful, we can fail to register sufficient excitement and joy upon opening the gifts we receive from others. We must remember that they are happiest at that time and to give them top billing, to stretch their happiness to its full length.

Earl Nightingale

GOOD MORNING !

What is about gift giving that gives so much joy? We know that we are happy when we receive gifts and we want the people we love to be happy so we give them things,

Someone said Christmas is for the children, but I’m glad that at Christmas we can all be like children in our wonder and awe of such a special celebration.

If I were to anwer the questions, What is is the best gift I’d ever received, I would have to say Love. When there is love, there is no need for anything else. Where there is Love there too is God.

You might not think you are religious and you might not be Catholic like I am, but there is a wondrous connection between us all. Love.

It’s the very last day of this work week and although I’m grateful for my job, I must say I am so glad that I don’t have to work for 4 days now.

Thank the dear Lord for giving us a special day to celebrate and for vacation days.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing each others' loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.

W.C. Jones

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We shall all sit and watch Nathan and Daniel open their presents.  When it comes to the rest of us, we shall do what we always do, wait to see who starts opening first - all looking at each other to see who is going to make the first move.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

yes love unconditional acceptance love

Anonymous said...

It is my last day also and I can't wait for that little vacation time to start!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Love is a wonderful gift.  Have a great day today.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I get more pleasure watching others open there gifts than any I have recieved.Love is everything in my mind.Yeeeh Friday and you will soon be travelling home to those four well earned days rest. ENJOY  I shall be thinking of you all enjoying your time together..Safe journeys home .Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love giving gifts way more then getting them.Perhaps I am just not used to receiving gifts...? I don't know. One time I had this boyfriend who used to bring me lots of trinkets all of the time. I used to feel so funny about this that he had to "teach" me how to graciously accept a gift LOL!
Have a wonderful weekend and a Merry Christmas!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have a great 4 days off. Merry Christmas.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Merry Christmas weekend!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry and so true. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. I am sure that you will with your family. Glad you have time off. God Bless, Janie