Saturday, December 8, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 8

There are treasures in life, but owners are few

Of money and power to buy things brand new.

Yet you can be wealthy and feel regal too,

If you will just look for the treasures in you.

These treasures in life are not hard to find

When you look in your heart, your soul, and your mind.

For when you are willing to share what's within,

Your fervent search for riches will end.

The joy and the laughter, the smile that you bring;

The heart unafraid to love and to sing;

The hand always willing to help those in need;

Ones quick to reach out, to labor and feed.

So thank you for sharing these great gifts inside;

The caring, the cheering, the hug when one cried.

Thanks for the energy, encouragement too,

And thank you for sharing the treasures in you.

Author Unknown BUT DEEPLY EXPRESSED BY ME

GOOD MORNING

Truth is, the best gifts of all are not meant to be kept or even possessed;they are intended to be given a way ... to be passed on from person to person One thing is for sure: the gifts we receive from God are all meant to be given.

They are not ours to keep, they must be shared: they must be kept in circulation to bless others. What gifts has God given you that need to be shared -- things like grace, forgiveness, second-chances, love, stuff, time, attention, tenderness, patience, and talent?

You've been given a lot, so doesn't that mean you have a lot to give? Get creative and turn loose of what you "own" and find the greater grace in giving.

From one of my daily devotions

I’ve found so many things in my search on the theme of GIFTS that I have been a little amazed at the subject matter available!

If you’ve read my journal for awhile you know that one of my most precious gifts is my family. Today I’m off to visit DS#5 and his darlin’ wife. They just moved in to their first home and are going to be showing it off to us today.

DD and her hubby are taking me there for a visit. It’s one of those trips that takes awhile and I don’t like to go that far by my self. I did a mapquest search to get directions, hopefully we won’t get lost. It’s not too far from where they had their apartment and I’d been there several times .

So I’ll be taking a little break from the wrapping today and hopefully will get lots done tomorrow.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The greatest gift we can give one another is rapt attention to one another's existence.

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely day with your family Pam, I bet your son will really enjoy showing his dear Mum his new home ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes like an herloom a cherished gift are many things that are given

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful day with your family & congrats to your son & his wife.

hollie

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

We certainly do have lots to give and I try my best to give all I can.How lovely to be able to go see DS-5's new home.I would just love that.May I send them many good wishes and I hope they have much contentment and many happy days living there.You have a safe journey with DD and Hubby and safe return.It will be a lovely change for you.ENJOY!! The present wrapping can wait,and I am sure it will all be finished for the right time.Take Care God Bless Have a Blessed Sunday too.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

we do have tons of gifts, love the entry. I'm sure there new house is lovely.

Anonymous said...

What fun, sharing in your sons new home.  If you are like me, I get so much joy out of seeing those I love doing well and getting something nice.
You will have to tell us about the new house.  There is no better feeling that your first house of your very own.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful time at your DS#5 and DIL home. Have a wonderful week ahead. God Bless, Janie