Wednesday, December 5, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 5

At times I'm so discouraged

with problems of the day

I fail to see the joyful things

that are along the way

 

When troubles overwhelm me

It's then my nerves may fray

that's when I need to take the time

To simply sit and pray

 

Reflecting on God's many gifts

It makes me so aware

Of all the joy in little

things around me everywhere!

 

I must try to remember

though problems come my way

not to miss the joyful things

and the beauty of the day.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Driving east on my way home from work yesterday I had the sun at my back and nothing but black snow clouds directly in front of me. It made a very beautiful sight. A flock of seagulls were in the sky and were glittering away like twinkling stars as their white wings reflected the sunshine.

That was definitely a GIFT to see. We get seagulls in land here as they like to see what the farmer’s fields might have to offer in the way of food. As far as I know they don’t migrate south like a lot of birds do and stay here year round. I’ve often seen them huddled together on the black top of a parking lot on a winter’s day.

We are supposed to get a little more snow today than we’ve had so far this week. However they say southern Ohio will get more than we will. That is unusal, but it just depends on which way the wind blows.

It’s Wednesday ! ‘Over the Hump Day ‘ Now we are on the down hill slide into the weekend. Hopefully the little bit of snow we get won’t make sliding an issue on the roads today.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I'm glad I understand that while language is a gift,

listening is a responsibility.

Nikki Giovanni

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness!! It's 2am here and I've just gotten home from work, and I find a good morning entry from you! I hope you have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

It has been a beautiful morning once again here at the coast where I live.Lovely and fresh and sunshine to warm my heart (your saying).So I made good use of a liitle more cleaning down witht he breeze blowing in the open windows.It felt lovely.Then went  a little walk.Now it is lunchtime and it has changed very balck and cloudy,so looks like we are in for more rain or something on the way.It is only 14c  today on the weather AOL.Brrrr .I hope you don't get lots of snow,it can bring problems to the highways.Have  al ovely Wednesday if possible and Hope you get a few smiles along the way.Safe journeys home from work .Maybe a tiny peek of sunshine to warm your heart.Why Knows.God is Good.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

we are getting tha tnasty mix stuff

Anonymous said...

On my way to my daughter's house yesterday, I saw a pair of seagulls flying overhead.  They don't usually come this close inland...reminds me of Jonathon Livingston Seagull.  I live in Southern California so it's not that unusual to see the gulls inland.  I enjoy reading your journal...From my heart to yours with peace, love and blessings...
Gloria, Kevin's mom

Anonymous said...

I hope if you do get that snow it doesn't cause you any problems.  It is overcast and quiet here this morning and foggy in the flooded areas I hear on the news.  Those people can't cut a break.  I now hear it's supposed to get cold and maybe snow next week, and we still have one baby waiting to be born.  I love your entries they kind of center me for the day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Prayer is so important, isn't it? Sounds like that was a beautiful sight. God's little creatures. He has given us so much beauty. Wishing you a wonderful day filled with lots of blessings, Janie :-)

Anonymous said...

We have so many gifts if we take time to thik about them ,Hope you dont get to much snow ,keep warm ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You guys that live up that way must be sooo prepared for the snow.  Well I guess you have to be.  DUH!!!  LOL  When it snows down south here.......everything comes to a screeching halt!!!!  Of course, we don't get much snow down here.  
Hollie