Sunday, December 2, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 2

WARNING…WARNING: ADVENT VIRUS

Be on the alert for symptoms of inner HOPE, PEACE, JOY AND LOVE.

The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to this virus and it is possible that people everwhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions

This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable conditions of conflict in the world. Some signs and symptoms of the ADVENT VIRUS

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past expectations

An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment

A loss of interest in judging other people

A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others

A loss of interest in conflict

A loss of the ability to work (This is a very serious symptom)

Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation

Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature

Frequent attacks of SMILING

An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen

An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.

Please send this warning out to all your friends. This virus can and has affected many systems. Some systems have been completely cleaned out because of it

 

Faith is different from proof; the latter is human, the former is a GIFT from God

 

GOOD MORNING!

Today we celebrate the first Sunday of Advent. Advent is a time in our church calendar year that is set aside to prepare for Christmas. My Advent wreath is on the table and I’ll be lighting a candle today and on each of the Sundays before Christmas.

You can find lots of things about Advent in one of my other journals – What’s New at My House. The link is in my sidebar of this journal

I’ll be off to church a little bit later. I do need my weekly dose of R&R you know. I hope you will find some way to bless your hearts and souls today. We do need to renew and refresh our selves for another busy week ahead.

As always I’ll be saying a little pray for all fo you. I do pray for the sick and needy, the poor and the hungry and for our ‘troops’ every day, but on Sunday I ask the good Lord to bless you all in a very special way. He does hear and answer every prayer.

I believe a pray is the most personal GIFT that we can offer to those we care about. Prayer is definitely all the GIFT that gives over and over again. It doesn’t have ribbons or bows; It costs us our time, and love that we share.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The people who have achieved more than you,

In any area, are only half-steps ahead of you in time

Bless them and praise their GIFTS,

And bless and praise your own

The world would be less rich without their contriubutions,

And it would be less rich without yours,

There is more than room for everyone;

In fact there’s a need for everyone.

Marianna Williamson

May the seasons simple joys

Warm your heart

Fill your home…

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by : www.graphicgarden.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a virus we wont mind ,or if it spreads ...Blessings on your day Pam ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Sunday!
I'm off to work....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope this virus spreads all around the world and fast.I also hope you have a lovely service and enjoy your church today.I never knew you had another journal in your sdiebar.I will take a look at that one sometime.Enjoy the rest of your day and evening.Thankyou for all your special prayers each Sunday in church.Lovely posting once again.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Have a great dday today.  Thanks for inspiring me once again. :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

A lovely entry from you, as always xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Your a very special person...I know all appreciate your prayers...I know I do!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I pray father blesses al those wh are ill and sad this time of year

Anonymous said...

That's a virus that I do hope spreads & spreads quickly.

HOLLIE

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to church today. our last mass is at 10 and since our road wasn't plowed until 15 to , we couldn't make it because we had about 2 feet of snow blocking us in.... wet heavy snow and Leo's blower lost a screw or something and he had to fix it.... I took my shower and dressed in my sunday clothes but didn't make it to church.... doesn't seem like Sunday. I lit a candle for advent and read the first page in my advent book so that will have to do today.... its starting to snow again now. we had between 6 & 8 inches last night and its warmer now so the snow is heavier today and no wind. This is winter now for sure.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.
Pam