Wednesday, December 19, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 19

 

 

A hug is the perfect gift--

one size fits all,

and nobody minds if you exchange it.

Ivern Ball

 

GOOD MORNING !

AND (((HUGS ))) FOR YOU ALL TODAY!

One of the things I miss the most now that I live by myself is a HUG. When ever I do get one I treasure it for sure.

My children and my grand’babes’ when they are around are great huggers, but you just never know how great one is til you don’t have one.

Isn’t that the way with so many things in life. We go about day after day taking things for granted til we no longer have them and then we miss them .

It’s ‘over the hump’ day and now there is only two more days of the work week. Next week I’ll only be working 3 and the same the week after that.

I’m going to enjoy every blessed moment of having those days off.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

First Corinthians 13 - Christmas Version

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows Strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, But do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen baking dozens of Christmas cookies, Preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, But do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing homes And give all that I have to charity, But do not show love to my family, It profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, Attend a myriad of holiday parties, and sing in the choir's cantata, But do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love doesn't envy another's house That has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, But is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return, But rejoices in giving to those who can't.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust

But the gift of love will endure.

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes the little things mean the most. just read in our help meet book yesterday about a woman who griped about her husband letting her kids watch some slightly fleshy shows (like most sit comes now daays and movies Dukes of hazard and such) and she was not loving her husband as much. the wiser old lady said........ imagine ten years from your kids are watched by a sitter who is only there for the money , may be letting them watch who knows what while she sneaks her boyfriend in, I magine that now your olderst love to see you go becuase they get these freedomes while your youngest cry as you have to leave to work most of the day away.  thier father rarely gets to see them but a few days a month and now thier weekends are shared with another womans family with him. imagine that now you must share holidays wtih him and her. they now can watch what ever on those weekends too. dont push your husband away with your nagging you will miss him no matter how much this problem angers you now. YOU may be able win him over some with more meekness in time. but you never will with nagging that drives him away. it was apretty good lesson

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is nothing like a hug.  I always get such a warm glow in my heart when our two little Grandsons hug me.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I am going to enjoy all my days off also!  Hopefully I will be able to relax a bit.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I am a big believer too in hugs....sending you one now!!!  Have a wonderful day...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Big Hugs!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I think we all love a hug especially when we live alone.I have been there so I know how people feel who are alone...Heres a great big one for you from over the pond.A home is nothing without Love.Material things have no comparison.I am so happy for you that you are going to have the break you so deserve.There will be plenty hugs around you then Pam.Have a lovely day only two more to go.Yeeeh!! Safe journeys home from work.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Wow hugs, you hit the nail on the head.  My Dad was a big hugger and I still miss those hugs, but my family is also and I enjoy every one of them.  Also we can so easily loose focus around Christmas with all the rushing around.  One of the good things about working is the short weeks around the holidays, you enjoy!  Have a good time with your family and get lots of hugs.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry! Yes sometimes we don't miss something until it is gone! Very good list!  Wishing you a wonderful hump day with lots of blessings. CHRISTmas is almost here! God bless and with a hug... :-)  Janie

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right about taking things for granted.  You never know how wonderful little things like that are....until you don't have them.  I'm sending you a ((((((((((B I G  H U G  ))))))))))))))))  I know you're looking forward to your days off.  Unfortunately, mine doesn't start until Sunday.  We are scheduled to work this Saturday.  I dread it so much.  You take care & enjoy every minute of your time off.

Hollie