Tuesday, December 18, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 18

The 12 Gifts of Christmas

Happiness deep down within

Serenity with each sunrise

Success in each facet of your life

Family beside you

Friends close and caring

Health surrounding you

Love that never ends

Special memories of all the yesterdays

A bright today with much to be thankful for

A path that leads to beautiful tomorrows

Dreams that come true

Appreciation of all the wonderful things about you !

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING!

Thank goodness for warm homes and workplaces and a heater in my car ! It has been below freezing here . BRRRRCHILL !

This week I need to do a little ‘house blessing’ for sure. Now that all that wrapping etc. is done I need to clean up. DS#6 and his wife will be staying here this weekend when we have our family celebration, so I’ll want to freshen things up a bit.

Yes, the ‘house blessing’ means cleaning house. A quick sweep and dusting should do it. I’ve been iqnoring it for a couple of weeks now and it’s beyond time.

I won’t be showing any pictures of my decorations this year. Only just a few are up. As DS#5 and his wife are hosting our get together, I thought I might as well give myself a break.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The greatest gift we can give to anyone this Christmas is to encourage them to believe in their self worth and in what they have to give, no matter how small

Fr. James McSweeny

 

 

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I wish we had snow like that. I love your house and hope you share what you do have up adn look forward to faimly pics

Anonymous said...

Oh for some of that snow!  House blessing, what a nice way to think of house cleaning, I shall remember that.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr those pictures say it all.It looks as cold on your snowy pics  as it feels here right now in England.The snow does look beautiful,but please try to keep it over there thankyou LOL!! I cannot get out in snow at all. Slipping and sliding is all I can do and BUMPS A DAISY DOWN I GO .He-He.I have done my House blessing already it will only need a tickle at the weekend now I think.I hope you have the most wonderful weekend with your dear family.I havn't done as many as planned in the Christmas Decorations.I have just felt too tired,this year for some reason..Take Care Safe journeys.God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

The snow looks very pretty, I know it can be a pain when you have to go to work.  Love the porch swing, would love to have a place for one, not now of course.  Need to get my house ready for my daughters family this weekend, my husband says why bother, but it just makes me feel better to have a fresh start.  Be careful out there and stay warm.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. The wind was blowing so hard last week! Sure glad we didn't have the snow they were forcasting! Know what you mean about house cleaning!! lol Wishing you Merry Christmas and a wonderful week. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Wow your pictures look like a winter wonderland! I think it's beautiful, although I know it's COLD!! I don't know if I could live in that. I never have.
I like that you call cleaning your house a "House Blessing." I think that throws a more positive spin on what we have to do to maintain our homes...and to remind us how blessed we are to have a home!
I hope you have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

good one!

Anonymous said...

I too like the term 'house blessing', it sounds much nicer than cleaning!  The snow looks very pretty and I love it here too when it first falls but only if I don't have to go out in it!
Love the porch swing as well!  Love, Pat   http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for sharing those pictures.  I would love for it to snow here!!!!!!  I think it is so beautiful!!!!  It was 24 here this morning....Brrrrrr.  But no snow for us.  I just love to sit & watch it snow, but it seldom does here.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

The snow is so pretty!
Linda :)