Monday, December 3, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 3

Life is a miracle

Don't let it slip away,

Open your heart to others

Give of yourself each day.

See the beauty in everyone

Regardless of where they've been,

Some have a difficult journey

And really need a friend.

Share your gifts and talents

Listen with your heart.

Do the things you dream about

But don't have time to start.

Pick a bouquet of flowers

Show someone that you care,

Be gracious and forgiving

Life is never fair.

Hold on to your courage

You may need it down the road,

We all have a cross to bear

It could be a heavy load.

If you practice all these things

No matter where you roam,

You may find both sun and rain

But you'll never feel alone!

Author Unknown

Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don't quite know how to put our love into words.

Harlan Miller

GOOD MORNING!

It is back to work today and it will be another long week for me I’m sure. Today will be a busy one as it is payroll day, but the rest of the week will be much slower than I have been in a long while.

Jobs are slowing down for our company and that means my work load has too. Now begins the work I dread . Files need to be purged from the Archives to make room for this years' and then there is the updating of databases that are kept of the company records .

I‘ll try to do a little of both each day so the work won’t seem too boring. By the time the New Year makes it’s way here things should be all done and once more ready for more new files to come.

I’ve been at this job so long that things become mundane so I have to watch it that I don’t slip up. Sometimes something different does happen and throws me for a loop.

Weather wise we are expecting a few snow flurries (an inch to three accumulation) and temps in the lower 30’s most of the week. To be sure I’ve got my layers on to keep warm. (I did put some pictures in today of my shirts for this week)

BrrrrrChill !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Many look for the perfect gift for Christmas and are looking for a perfect Christmas. There is no such thing as a perfect gift or a perfect Christmas. Advent keeps our feet firmly on the ground. It helps us to avoid the might be and puts us much more in touch with finding God in the here and now .

From the Thought For Today by Fr.James McSweeney

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.graphicgarden.com

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah you r work slows down but syoudns like YOUR work picks up. I love the breacelt in the pics. cute clothes too.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree you have to be careful ,when doing a job that is routine ,its easy to be complacent ,at least you are aware of that fact so will be more dilligent ,I love all your tops for this week ,what a lovely idea ,I think you call a vest what we call a waiscoat ,or in this case a jacket ? ?....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good MorningI LOVE all of your outfits.  They're all adorable & the bracelet too.

I agree with you about the silly buying of gifts....we just don't know how to put our love into words.  Your graphics are so cute.  I love snowmen.  I hope you have a good week.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the gray shirt with the snowflakes and the bracelet is so pretty...
Have a great Monday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

The different top are a great idea they all look great loved the bracelet to its beutiful. you don't have to work to hard. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

I love everyone of your outfits.They are all so pretty.I especially like the shirt and vest as you name it.The colours look so warm and I like grey and red together in winter.I hope your work gets easier for you.Wouldn't it be nice if we could wrap up a bundle of love and give as a present,if one didn't know how to put it into words.So much cheaper and much nicer than any gift.I hope work goes in order this week and proves easy,with no hickups. Sunshine here this morning,but rain since lunch.I love thel ittle snowman graphic "You melt my heart" isn't that sweet.Thankyou for sharing your winter outfits with us today such a nice change of pictures.Take Care God bless Have a lovely evening.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love your outfits, how neat.  Keeps you in the spirit too and everyone around you.  I also love the bracelet, what a neat idea.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I like this weeks tops. reminds me I have a nice winter sweater vest I have to get out too... the bracelet is so pretty
Sandra

Anonymous said...

love all shirts. Have a great day at work. I hope this week goes by fast.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your Xmas shirts! They are beautiful! And I love your bracelet. It will go with everything!
What about your December purse?? Did I miss that somewhere?
Have a good day today..
Pam

Anonymous said...

The Christmas clothing is very pretty. Have a wonderful week with lots of blessings, Janie