Sunday, December 30, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 30

 

 

 

Start Your Year With The 7-Up's

Origin Unknown. Modified slightly.

Wake Up - Decide to have a good day.

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Dress Up -The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

"... God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

Shut Up- Say nice things & learn to listen. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking.

Those that are careful about what they say protect their lives, but he who speaks without thinking will be ruined. Proverbs 13:3

Stand Up - For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.

We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time if we do not give up. When we have the opportunity to help anyone we should do it. Galatians 6:9,10

Look Up - To theLord.

I can do all things through Christ because He gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Reach Up - For something higher. Since you were raised from the dead with Christ, aim at what is in heaven, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1

Lift Up - Your Prayers.

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. Philippians 4:6

 

  GOOD MORNING !

When surfing the net as I often do, I found probably one of the best New Years’ resolutions I’ve ever seen. It is one that I definitely will put at the top of my list and it even may be the only one there .

You see most everything else will follow if I do this one thing. Just resolve to live better for God day by day, hour by hour, moment by moment, and that will add up to our best for Him not only for this New Year, but for our entire lives.

We all have to live our lives just one day at a time, why not for our Lord? If we pray daily and give thanks for our blessings, it will bring us closer to God. We need to rely on God everyday, not just when things are looking down. He is always there beside us and hears our every prayer.

You will often hear me singing His praises as I’m blessed in so many ways, but what you don’t hear is all the prayers I say every day. An ambulance goes by and I say a prayer, a reporter on the radio tells of an accident on the morning news and I say a prayer, I go out the drive to work and I say a prayer. It has become a way of life for me and one I wouldn’t trade.

I’ll be off to church today as I usually do on Sunday and saying those prayers for all of you – you can count on it.

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

 Psalm 143:8

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

WORDS OF WISDOM FOR THE NEW YEAR

The most destructive habit........Worry

The greatest joy.......Giving

The greatest loss.......Loss of self-respect

The most satisfying work.......Helping others

The ugliest personality trait.....Selfishness

The most endangered species.....Dedicated leaders

Our greatest natural resource.....Our youth

The greatest "shot in the arm"......Encouragement

The greatest problem to overcome......Fear

The most effective sleeping pill......Peace of mind

The most crippling failure disease......Excuses

The most powerful force in life......Love

The most dangerous pariah......A gossiper

The world's most incredible computer......The brain

The worst thing to be without......Hope

The deadliest weapon.....The tongue

The two most power-filled words......"I Can"

The greatest asset.....Faith

The most worthless emotion......Self-pity

The most beautiful attire.....SMILE!

The most prized possession.....Integrity

The most powerful channel of communication.......Prayer

The most contagious spirit......Enthusiasm

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

7 up good idea

Anonymous said...

I agree with just reolving to live better day by day, hour by hour, & moment by moment.   You have a great day.  By the way, I haven't commented in a few days, because my computer got a virus.  So it had to go to the shop for a few days.  I lost everything, but thankfully it could be fixed.  Just wanted you to know I hadn't left.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love the "ups"  Linda

Anonymous said...

I loved the 7-Up's. Happy New Year.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Loved the 7 ups lots to think about.  Have a great day, Joni

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day..wonderful post..I am printing it out.
love, cassie

Anonymous said...

Loved your little sayings, I hope you have a wonderful new year, filled with joy.  Hugs, Tells x

Anonymous said...

This was such an uplifting entry and I enjoyed every word of it! Thank you 'Ma."
Pam

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful entry. Enjoyed all of it. Wishing you a wonderful New Years. God bless, Janie