Saturday, December 22, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 22

Memories to treasure

Are made of Christmas Day,

Made of family gatherings

And children as they play.

Helen Steiner Rice

Almost all of us have the opportunity to interact with children or watch others as they do. Watch the love as it flows from that child. Receive it and cherish it, for it is a true miracle from, and reminder of, our Lord God Almighty

GOOD MORNING !

When I got home from work yesterday I was so tired out that I really didn’t do much. But this morning I’ll be getting everything ready to take over to DS#5’s around 11:30 for our family Christmas celebration. It’ll be a good time for all and I will take loads of pictures.

Our weather is supposed to be in the high 40’s maybe even reaching 50 degrees which is almost unheard of for us this time of year. At least we won’t have to worry about snowy icy roads to travel on.

This is a heavy duty traveling weekend for lots of folks going home for Christmas. So I’ll be praying for a safe journey for everyone.

Our snow will probably all melt, but they are saying we still could have snow for Christmas. I could do without it, but there are many that wish for it. It looks pretty looking from the inside out, but that’s about it in my books.

We are having ham (which was a gift from my boss) and I’m making some baked beans and my deviled eggs. DD is bringing some Cheezy Potatoes, DS#1 is bringing some appetizers and a lasagna. DS#3 is bringing cookies, DS#5 is making green bean casserole and a veggie tray and DS#6 is bringing potato salad. It will be a great feast for sure.

The highlight of the day will be the grand’babes’ as always. My children love getting together and rehashing old times and we all laugh a lot, which really warms my heart. We will be making some memories for all present to treasure in the days to come.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree:

the presence of a happy family

all wrapped up in each other.

Burton Hillis

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love to see the pics. i wish we had some snow we are to get gusty winds again 45 mph

Anonymous said...

My heart is so happy for you today. yet so sad that I canot be with mine this Christmastime.I hope you all have the most wonderful Christmas celebration ever.Your words are too true,thers  nothing like having family around for a fun and loving time.Safe journeys I am happy to read the weather will be brighter for you all.Looking forward to the pics later and the food sounds deliocious Mmmm.ENJOY and will you wish all your family a "Very Merry Christmas" and Good health and a  Prosperous New Year from me thankyou.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Be safe and enjoy the day!!!
I'll be making our ham tomorrow night, mmmmmm.....
Can't wait to see the pictures of all the festivities!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you have the best Christmas ever with your wonderful family.  Mine will be coming here today, so I'm glad your praying for everyone travelling, they may have to go through a little snow.  Bless you, Joni

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your day with the family. Take loads of pictures, and stay safe and warm!
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Your meal sounds delicious.  I can't wait to see those pictures.  I hope you all have a great time.

hollie

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds wonderful. Have a wonderful weekend. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

yes it's warm in IL. to and all the snow is melting. Now tomorrow they are saying it's going to be cold and windy again. I hope you have a great Christmas Holiday and travel safely.

Anonymous said...

Your meal sounds wonderful.  I like everything you are having, we usually have close to the same thing.
Merry Christmas.