Saturday, December 29, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 29

A life time of discovery awaits you right now.

Climb aboard eager and enthusiastic

for what ever experience awaits

and begin the journey.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

As you know my journey through each year is kept in this book I call my journal. Months are chapters and days are pages. It seems as though this book just started and already the last page is about to turn. Time stands still for no one …least of all me.

I’ve started taking down what few Christmas decorations I put up and I’m thinking about what to put in their place. I always try to go with a color theme of some kind for each month and January, I’ve decided will be gold.

So far I’ve got a gold tablecloth on the table and some candles sitting on a plate for a center piece. When you walk in my front door, you see the dining room table straight away through the arch that seperates the living room from the dining room.

I also put a white runner trimed in gold on the buffet. I’ll have to look through my odds and ends and see what else I can come up with. Rarely is there anyone here to see it, but I enjoy putting a little something different around each month.

I need to sit down and make a list of what I’d like to get done in my 4 days off, but this morning, I’m just enjoying sitting here with my good cup of coffee and slowly waking up.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

May we continue to draw comfort

from past blessings,

and may we find new ways to share

the stories of our common journey.

 

May you day be filled with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are taking our decs down today as well but we are leaving the lights up for the new year, a sort of light shining to welcome it in as we hope the light will shine on all of us next year.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

its always kind of sad and yet refreshing to take down the decorations it starts in fall with tons of fall stuff and then winter holidays and then it s back to normal but the house is over flowing with stuff till after the dec stuff so this year I have tried leaving some greenery up that keeps the house decorated so its an easy let down too

Anonymous said...

I do not take anything down until after the twelve days of Christmas Pam.Which is usualy on or after the fifth.Traditionally this is what is said.I only put up my tree this time with lights on and a few bits and bobs scattered around ,so theres no clutter to make me feel ill.As I cannot cope with clutter.I realy wasn't feeling too good when it came to decorating time.My lounge is gold and cream in decor to start with and I think I am going to add a few little pieces of Bottle green.Maybe some nice lengths of one or two narrow ribbons of that nature draped  from the tie backs on the curtains or a few nice silk bows of Bottle green to welcome the spring on.One or two bottle green silk cushions,It just brings out the gold.I do hope you get all done which you have planned to, but enjoy your rest too.We have hada little sunshine today and I thought of you as it shone.I hope you get a peep of it whilst you are on your break.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Don't know when we will take down the decorations, seems as if we just put them up....
I love the sound of your gold trimmings....
I've had two days off, go in for a couple of hours tomorrow and then two days off again.... :)
Have a wonderfully relaxing refreshing four days off!!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of changing your color scheme each month. I remember last year you would wear a different bracelet and carry a different purse. I like that idea too! Hope you enjoy your time off.
Pam

Anonymous said...

What  a neat idea..I may try that.

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea to change colors. :-)  Bet the gold looks beautiful. Wondered how you were doing your entries and now I know. lol Wishing you a wonderful weekend. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

What a good idea to do your jounal like that, and everyone, including me enjoys your entries so much.  Haven't taken my tree down yet, I enjoy looking at it too much.  Will have to do it soon though.  Do enjoy your time off, you deserve it.  Joni