Friday, December 7, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 7

I said a Christmas Prayer for you

Because the season's near.

I didn't ask for riches

But for gifts so much more dear.

I asked for joyful gatherings

With your family all round,

And for carols to inspire you

With their old familiar sound.

I asked for quiet moments

In your heart on Christmas morn,

For a special time to celebrate

The Savior who was born.

I asked for friends to send their best

That you might know they care;

I asked for peace and love and hope,

And I know God heard my prayer.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It is FRIDAY! What a glorious day ! I’m doing the HAPPY dance and celebrating the end of another work week. I celebrate because I’m so glad I made it though another one.

There are days I think I should call in sick or days that I think I should retire, but somehow, with the Good Lords help I muddle though week after week and I am so thankful for it.

It will be another weekend full of wrapping up all those gifts I’ve got for my family and finishing up the cards that need to get in the mail. I’m not even going to worry about the House Blessing, because I can do that when the rest is finished. I’ve got to set my priorities and stick to them.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life is not easy for any of us.

But what of that?

We must have perseverance and above all

confidence in ourselves.

We must believe that we are gifted

for something and that this thing must be attained.

Marie Curie

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entries always bring such a lift to my morning. Your attitude always makes mine a little bit better. I thank you for that.
Pam

Anonymous said...

It seems just a minute since you were talking about  beggining the week ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yeah we make it day by day ONE DAY at a time

Anonymous said...

I'm curious does the House Blessing mean cleaning the house or does the priest come over and bless.  I've never heard that term before, but I know I always like to clean before I decorate or even bake cookies, just makes me feel centered.  Have a great weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I am so happy it is Friday too for you.I know you work so hard and you are an inspiration to anyone.Enjoy your wrapping of gifts this weekend.The housework will be there another day.Thankyou for another lovely posting.I so enjoy them all.Have a lovely Saturday and don't stick yourself up too much with the cellotape !! (Like I do !!) he-he.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that it's Friday too.  I've got so much wrapping to do & I don't even want to get started.  Reckon anyone would mind if their present was given to them in a paper sack????  LOL

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Friday and Happy Wrapping!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Nice entry. Thank you for the wishes. I was glad it was Friday because I got a much needed hair cut!! lol Could not do anything with my hair! Ice yesterday so praise the Lord no ice today. :-) I realized that Thanksgiving. Did the dinner things and then did the things I wanted to get finished on the house later. Things went very well. Thought to myself... the kids are use to my house and the most important thing is being with my kids and grandchildren. Have a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

I liked the gifts in this one.  Linda