Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 26

What is one to do? Which is right?

 

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

 

A silent man is a wise one.

A man without words is a man without thoughts.

 

Look before you leap.

He who hesitates is lost.

 

Many hands make light work.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

 

Actions speak louder than words.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

 

Clothes make the man.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

 

It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

The nail that sticks out gets hammered.

 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Better safe than sorry.

 

There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions, You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of Leaning into the light

Barry Lopez

GOOD MORNING !

I’m not sure about you, but at this time of year, as we all get ready to turn the page on the calendar once again and look toward a new year of gifts, surprises, and outcomes. We need time to renew and to remember and to re-align with our most important values.

I will take the time to sit down and review and remember my roots, my loved ones, and my values. I hope you do too… Let’s take a look at the past year, toss the old that isn’t working, and bring in the new that can make a positive impact on your life.

Too often, our perspective on life, business, relationships and self-worth can become skewed by the forces around us. Have you ever had a day that was going along fine, even putting a spring in your step, and then—wham—you run into the black cloud.

A New Year is about to begin, and the sun is coming back! Give yourself a real gift this holiday season by taking an honest look at the people and perspectives in your life.

I’m going back to work today after a wonderful time off. Putting all things in perspective, I’d have to say that I could use a few more days, but just like that black cloud, work is over shadowing my sunshine today.

However, it is only a 3 day work week, and then I’ll be having 4 more days off ! Life is meant to be a forward journey. We need to take time each day and count our blessings and celebrate our victories both large and small.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you

Think of Things, you find sometimes that a

Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you

is quite different when it gets out into the open

and has other people looking at it.

The House at Pooh Corner

 

May Peace be your gift at Christmas

and your blessing all year through!

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup i hate those dark black clouds and i hate that they just put a damper on the WHOLE day or evening its happend far too often leatly it seems

Anonymous said...

Lots of great quotes there ,here Iam back again after a break ,enjoying your entry as ever, bless you Pam ,have a good day at work ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's 3:30am and I am off to work too...
Have a great day!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Shame you have to go back to work today but as you say, it will be a short week.  Hugs, Tells x

Anonymous said...

Yes it is time for me to look at the things that aren't working in my life right now and let them go.  I have a few days to ponder on it but by the 1st i will be ready to make those changes.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Yes, all those old proverbs are so contradictory.  I am glad that this year is almost over but not entirely looking forward to the New one for reasons you know.  I am just going to take one day at a time.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I am going to try my hardest to stay positive for the new yr!


~~Happy New Year~~

Sharon

http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

Yes, I definitely need to figure out what isn't working in my life and FIX it this year. Glad '07 is ending, and looking forward to a good '08. I have better luck in even numbered years LOL!
Sorry you had to work today. Have a good day.
Pam