Monday, December 24, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 24

TIME TO BE QUIET

.. . it is time to

quiet ourselves,

 . . . to reflect upon all

the gifts we are

. . . and have

. . . and can imagine.

to give thanks

from our deepest selves.

to surrender to the love

that came before us,

lives now among us,

and is, forever,

before us

. . . . it is time

 

GOOD MORNING

AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE DAY !

It is time for me to be quiet and reflect awhile and give thanks for the many GIFTS I’ve received and given.

Today will be a calm and peaceful one for me. After all the celebrating I’ve been doing, the body and the soul say I’m long overdue for a TIME OUT.

Many of you may be just beginning your celebrations and I do wish you much happiness and JOY!

For me however, the celebrating is done and I’m singing ‘All is calm , all is bright!’

If you missed the entry yesterday evening, scroll down past this entry for some pictures of yesterdays trip the to the ‘CHRISTMAS STORY’ house.

Tomorrow I’ll go to church and celebrate the real reason for the season. Today I’ll rest.  It is time...

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If I could have a Christmas wish.

Yes, if such things could be.

There are somethings that I'd wish for

that are just for you from me.

I know I'd wish when you wake up

the Christmas day to start

You'd find yourself a-smiling

from a peace within your heart.

And I would wish your mind at peace

- as you think about next year.

And freedom from all worries

and freedom from all fear.

And I would wish you joyfulness

and strength to reach your goal

And deep, abiding peacefulness,

And wellness in your soul.

I know I may not get my wish

but if I could - it's true

- A Deep, Abiding, Heart-felt Peace

Is my Christmas Wish for you!

 

May Peace be your gift

at Christmas

and your blessing

all year through!

 

MA

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great day.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to wish you a
~~Merry Christmas~~

Sharon

http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

Hope your Christmas was a good one.  Enjoy the day in it's quietness.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I too feel right now like it's time to be quiet and reflect,even though I havn't started my Christmas as yet.Thankyou for the beautiful words you have written here.I am touched by them always,though especially this Christmas Eve afternoon.I adore the graphic ,which is from my favourite Christmas Carol In The Bleak Mid Winter and my  favourite verse of the Carol inside it too.How wonderful."I GIVE HIM MY HEART.I have always loved these words  from being a small child.I hope you have a wonderful Peaceful evening and enjoy every minute of the rest of your break.Safe journeys to Church and back.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah yes I will be glad when new years is over and we acn slow down well sort of we have two birthdays in our home

Anonymous said...

I hope that you enjoy your TIME OUT Today and tomorrow. Merry Christmas.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS.... I have everything ready for tonight so all is well here too. Tomorrow will be my day of rest and church. Looking forward to it
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your "time out" and are able to rest after all of your celebrations.
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas have a wonderful day ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderfully quiet Christmas...
Linda :)