Friday, December 28, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 28

Another year has passed and

we're all a little older.

Last summer felt hotter and

winter seems much colder.

I rack my brain for happy thoughts,

to put down on my pad,

But lots of things that come to mind

that make me kind of sad.

There was a time not long ago

when life was quite a blast.

Now I fully understand

about "Living in the Past"

We used to go to weddings,

football games and lunches.

Now we go to funeral homes,

and after-funeral brunches.

We used to have hangovers,

from parties that were gay.

Now we suffer body aches

and while the night away.

We used to go out dining,

and couldn't get our fill.

Now we ask for doggie bags,

come home and take a pill.

We used to often travel

to places near and far.

Now we get sore buttocks

from riding in the car.

We used to go out shopping

for new clothing at the Mall

But, now we never bother...

all the sizes are too small.

That, my friend is how life is,

and now my tale is told.

So, enjoy each day and live it up...

before you're too darn old!

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

It won’t be long now and we’ll be saying Happy New Year. I have another nice long weekend coming up. Thank the dear Lord! I’m not going to be doing much partying in the way of celebrating the New Year, but I’ll be enjoying it for sure.

Another year is almost gone and I’ll not be sad to see it go. A new one is waiting just ahead and I’m hoping for a much brighter one indeed. There have been lots of Joys and Sorrows for me in 2007 as I know there have been for many of you too.

That seems to be the way of life. It’s just like a roller coaster and I’m hanging on for the ride. I’m going to rejoice in the blessings and leave the sorrows in the past where they belong. Today is the gift ! Unwrap it!

It is FRIDAY and I just know it’ll be a great day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The New Year lies before you

like a spotless tract of snow

Be careful how you tread on it

For every mark will show.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart!

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was in that pic you have aup top going for a sligh ride . yeha the year is almost gone

Anonymous said...

Today if the gift and my gif of  Friday hasn't started off great.Sorry I havn't been bye.I am realy trying but it is so so hard.I came here to see if your words would lift me ,strangely enough I am manageing this comment,but tears are flowing still.So much sorrow I have experianced this holiday,no matter how much I try to leave them in the past they will not go away right now.I hope you have a wonderful Friday yourself,sorry to sound such doom and gloom today..Loved your posting lovely words and I did manage to smile at the poem.It felt good.Thankyou.Looking forward to a brighter 2008 .Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

have a good day and a great weekend!

~~Happy New Year~~

Sharon

http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

I have another long weekend too and this one IS going to be spent relaxing for the most part.  I have movies I want to watch!  We don't have any plans till New's Years Eve.  So that gives me plenty of lots of time to watch them!  Hope yours is wonderful.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Leaving the sorrows behind are my plans too...hope you have a beautiful weekend....enjoy!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It sure won't be long! When older seems like the time sure goes by fast! Glad you have a long weekend. :-) I am sure that my husband will be sleeping when the clock strikes midnight. lol  I am usually up. lol Have a wonderful week and God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Linda :)