Sunday, December 16, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 16

Peace, Noel

Peace, brotherhood...

This is the sound of Noel.

Peace, renewing ...

This is the spirit of Noel.

Peace, reconciliation ...

This is the spirit of Noel.

Peace, love...

This is the hymn of Noel.

Peace, serving... This is the joy of Noel.

Peace, prayer...

This is the gift of Noel.

Peace, rebirth...

This is the eternity of Noel.

Peace, faith...

A new era -- this is Noel.

Jean Masamba

GOOD MORNING !

Noel, Christmas …these words have such deep meaning. Don’t we all wish for Peace on Earth and the end of wars and hatred. Christmas in itself is a gift that brings peace to the hearts of men and women. People always seem happier and more charitable this time of year.

When I went to bed last night we only had 2-3 inches of snow onthe ground, but today they are saying an accumulation of 3-6 more inches with blizzard like conditions. Right now it is raining out. 

I haven’t made a decision yet as to whether or not I’m venturing out to church. Since I don’t have to be there until 11:00 this morning I have a little more time to actually see what the weather will be like.

The numbers of accumulated snow have decreased somewhat from their original predictions so I’m hoping that they keep going down and not up. It is the words blizzard like conditions that have me concerned.

It is my R & R day and although I rarely miss going to church I won’t take a chance of being stuck in the snow. I do hope I get out and not have to stay in, but I’ll be praying for all of you today one way or another.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

BEHOLD I BRING YOU GOOD TIDINGS

What does this mean to us today…

Just a season that is bright and gay.

A gift, a greeting of good cheer

The ending of another year?

How little we have understood

That meaning as we really should

Our minds and hearts have been so small

We never got the real meaning at all

For in these tiding all men received

Much more than they have ever conceived

For in these words beyond all seeing

WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING

Helen Steiner Rice

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we would get some snow........ but no its 40 mph winds!!!!!!!! and rain freezing yuck

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to come back and learn you have snow brrrrrrrrr.It is realy realy bitter here in my part of England and I wouldn't be suprized at all if we don't get some snow ourselves,before the week is out.I hope you manage to go to church today,but you are wise not to, if you get more blizzards.It would be wonderful for all wars to end,and peace on earth prevail.Have a lovely Blessed Sunday whatever you do.I am so happy to be back reading your wonderful words.Love the HSR verse..Take Care God Bless Safe journeys if you do go out.Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We have a mess of a storm here!  Lots of snow and blowing wind.  I am staying in. Linda

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do stay safe.  Have a great R & R day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I know how much you enjoy going to church, but I have to admit the term "Blizzard conditions" sends a chill up my spine! Please be careful if you go!
Thank you for always keeping us in your prayers.
Stay warm and safe.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I really don't blame you for waiting to see what the weather is going to be. Being a woman I am not too good driving in snow and ice. My husband does good but not me. lol We have gotten a lot less than the weather said we was to get so hope that is the same for you too. In my prayers, Janie