Monday, December 10, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 10

Giving encouragement to others is a most welcome gift,

for the results of it are lifted spirits,

increased self-worth, and a hopeful future.

Florence Littauer

Good Morning !

Have you ever known someone who believed in you, someone who frequently spoke words of encouragement and praise? The kind of person who made you feel you could do it, whatever "it" was?

The book of Proverbs sums up the impact encouraging words can have when it says, "The tongue has the power of life and death" (Proverbs 18:21). There are lots of good things we can focus on.

Be a positive person. Encourage one another Don't start complaining as soon as you see your spouse, child, employee, neighbor or someone else. Ask about his or her day. Give a compliment. Share stories about your day

No matter what our personal situation is, we still have God-given gifts and talents, experience and encouragement that we can share with others.

As we begin a new week I can only encourage you as you to be aware of all the blessings around you. Don’t concentrate on the things that you don’t have or the negatives that life brings to all of us, but use your time to think of all the good in your life.

I’ve read that we are what we think and that’s what I try to do each day. Encouragement goes straight to the heart. In fact, the word itself comes from a combination of the prefix “en” which means “to put into” and the Latin word “cor” which means heart.

If an encouraging thought comes to mind, share it! We may know something with our mind, but need to be reminded in our heart.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I believe words of encouragement have such a profound and lasting impact on people and through encouragement you could provide the key to unlock a gift in someone's life.

John McNeal

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

its so awesome seeing your clothes it really shows your personality and its like seeing you each day personally. Cute purse. you know that one shirt or the two fleece I love fleece . yes we need ot encourage nad share love and warmth. its hardwhen you see or know someone is well someting is not right in a family. for afew months we have known something is not right in a family adn that things are off or amiss but yet you know its something personal and you really do not know how to deal with it and cant say anything other than pray. But you so want to fix things.

Anonymous said...

We can only do our best to encorourage others.Some will accept some not,which is a shame.I try to do my best,and thats all I can do.I love every one of your outfits again.What lovely clothes you have.We don't seem to get those pretty sweaters here with the Christmasy an wintery  scenes on.Lovely posting once again.I have realy enjoyed calling in on you once more....I love you new purse too.Handbag as we call them in the UK ,our purse is the samll one,what we keep our money in.Have  a lovely day.Safe journeys.The weather is terrible here today.Very strong winds and rain rain rain once more Brrrrrrr.I am afraid I will be toasting my toes again this evening LOL!! Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love to look at your lovely tops for each day ,have you got a party on day six ..Yes I believe in encouraging the unsure ,and its great to be encouraged when we arent sure if we can do it (being encouraged makes us keen to not let down the people who believe in us ) ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You are right..we all need to encourage those around us. It does make a difference!
I enjoyed seeing your clothes. You have such lovely things! I loved each one! And your purse is very festive, and will go with everything. I loved it.
Hope you have a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I really love your outfits for the week... especially those fleece. I have a fleece with a red cardinal on so wear all winter, so warm and cozy arent they. better than sweatshirts for the cold I think. I also have many sweaters for winter and some just for the holidays. Its fun isn't it. keeps us in a good mood in these sometimes dark days
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I love the snowflake shirt and jacket!
How pretty..All look good, but that is my favorite.
They look warm too.  I bet you cheer everyone up with your shirts.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry...encouragement.  We all need more of it.  I fall short so many times....I need to do more encouraging ...

I love your outfits.  You have such pretty clothes.  Your new purse...is it one of those Vera Bradley's?

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on the babies.  I wanted to tell you the pictures of your sons new house were great.  Everyone looks so happy, I'm sure you and them will have a great Christmas, and you'll get some time off, I hope.  Take care, Joni

Anonymous said...

Those are really nice. Great that you can wear casual clothing at work. The purse is really cute too. Never thought about buying a Christmas purse. lol Had an older friend like that; she was a sweetheart! Great entry. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I love all your holiday ensembles!! and a pretty new purse too.
Linda :)