Thursday, December 13, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 13

Blessed are they who have

the gift of making friends,

for it is one of God's best gifts.

It involves many things, but above all,

the power of going out of one's self,

and appreciating whatever is noble

and loving in another.

Thomas Hughes

Good morning !

It’s a little slow go here this morning because I was up past my bedtime last night. My DD, her hubby, DS#5 and his wife were over helping me to wrap gifts last night. I’m so thankful that big job is done.

I guess we are supposed to see some snow today, maybe 2 or more inches they say. Tonight after work I go for a hair cut and then I have my Thursday evening Bible Study. Hopefully the roads won’t get bad and my coming and going won’t be too hazardous.

The older I get the more I appreciate good weather. Yesterday afternoon we even saw some sunshine and blue skies briefly. It’s been awhile since we saw that for sure.

Take good care all !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.

Have you used one to say thank you?

William Arthur Ward

 

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

GRAPHICS BY:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish wed get snow this nasty rain and mucky wet ness is horrid

Anonymous said...

lovely entry God bless you Kathie.

Anonymous said...

The graphic is beautiful.  Wrapping presents is fun, but tiring.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

I used to love to wrap presents with my big sisters when I was little, it's not near as much fun since I grew up and have to do it alone.  I sometimes try to do it while watching a Christmas show, that hasn't happen yet this year, so I guess you can guess I'm behind.  Joni

Anonymous said...

we are supposed to get some snow also, i hope it isn't bad.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I have used many seconds today to say thankyou and I am using another one here.Thankyou for this lovely posting once more.How lovely you had your family around you to help with the gift wrapping.The picture is beautiful at the beginning of your posting.We have had sunshine every morning this week where I live, but it is bitterly cold and frosty under foot.Very slippy.I almost went down on the floor,making my way to town today again.I feel  I must get out while ever I have the chance.If snow arrives I will be housebound.Have a safe journey home from work and safe journeys to and from your bible study.Take Care Stay warm.God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.ao.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes, friends are a wonderful thing to have. They say we could get up to 6 inches, I hope not! lol Praying you have a safe trip to and from. Have a wonderful week, Janie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your children helped you.  Wrapping presents is a job.  You be careful out on those roads.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

How nice all gathered round wrapping presents ,it conjures up a lovely  family picture Pam ...love Jan xx