Saturday, December 1, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 1

The Angel of December...is the angel of generosity.

The December angel celebrates with us this time of giving gifts to all the wild creatures and to all God's children.

The angel of December leads us to join hands with people of all races and religions, recognizing that we are children of the same creator, and we all share the responsibility of bring joy and health upon the earth.

Inspired by December's angel, we can celebrate this season of brotherhood by doing one act of kindness every day of December - going out of our way to bring warmth and light into another's life.

 

 

GOOD MORNING !

The wind chimes on my front porch have really been playing a happy tune lately. It's been very windy here the last few days. I love to listen to them tinkling in the wind. I guess old man winter is trying to fly into Northern Ohio.  We have a winter storm advisory for tonight.

 

As I promised I've got lots of quotes, poems and stories all lined up to share with you about GIFTS this whole month of December. It has been a great theme to research. There are all kinds of GIFTS. Gifts we give, gifts we receive, gifts for men, children, babies, brides, moms, fathers and gifts for birthdays, anniversaries and graduations and yes, there are Christmas GIFTS too !

I even found a blog called a 1000 Gifts where a wonderful lady decided to list her gifts.. My day will be filled with GIFTS for sure. Sorting and wrapping and wrapping and sorting and of course I'm makin' my list and checkin' it twice to see who's been NAUGHTY and who's been NICE.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Today Lord,

I want to thank you for the Unexpected!

Those gifts you gave to me in in odd shaped packages

in colors I didn't like and sizes I didn't want.

Those gifts I never would have chosen for myself,

that landed on my doorstep unwanted unasked for

and definitely in my blindness gifts

I thought I didn't need!

Those gifts that changed my life forever.

Those gifts that brought tears when I opened them

 like the death of a loved one or

a loss of something so precious to me.

Those gifts that opened a new meaning

to my relationship with you.

Those gifts that painful as they were caused me

 to grow and develop in ways

that only You knew I needed to do.

Yes, Lord today most sincerely

I thank you for taking hold of me and giving

always the best and most valuable of gifts!

Amen.

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely looking forward to more of the same. Lovely entry thanks for sharing that with us. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

yes Mine are in circles and palying a melody most of thetime seems lately.
I thinki w e shoudl always lookat our gifts

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your entry!
My wind chimes are playing, too!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I think our weather is about the same here in Green Bay..... we are expecting a lot of snow today and it looks like we just might get it too. It has been very windy here the last several days and we  have gotten a dusting of snow twice but this morning it is calm and very dark..... weather man said up to 8 inches today and tomorrow..... thats a lot of snow. Maybe he is wrong :)
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I feel just like you do about needing any gifts, I feel like I have everything material I really need, and am so lucky.  but sometimes I tell them things because people like to give you something cause it makes them feel good.  I think we are both pretty blessed with family.  Have a great weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I don't here the wind chimes anymore not having a garden,but I do like to test them all out when I see them hanging there in the stores and garden centres.I may eventually be able to play a Carol on them all before Christmas who knows he-he.Lovely Thankyou's you have in your postings today.I am looking forward to every one of your gift days, as much as I know you will enjoy posting them.It's been a bitter cold shopping day today, here in part of England and I am home much earlier than usual,I am very thankful for a nice cosy warm dwelling,which many don't have to come home to.I have done my deed for today inserting into the homeless collection box in a nearby town.Riches have no comparrison,to having a home where it is warm.Have a lovely Saturday yourself wrapping or whatever need be.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We have some wind chimes ,in our garden and yes a very merry tune ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a old man winter is really knocking loud on your door then.  It's about 63 here today.  When you get through with your sorting & wrapping....could I convince you to come down south to GA. & do mine?

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is getting winter. lol Hope you have a wonderful week, blessings, Janie