Sunday, December 23, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 23

The most vivid memories of

Christmases past are usually

not of gifts given or received,

but of the spirit of love,

the special warmth of

Christmas worship,

the cherished little habits of home.

Lois Rand

GOOD MORNING !

In case you missed it, I did put some pictures in the entry before this one of our Christmas celebration yesterday.l So...you'll need to scroll down past this entry to see them. 

All is very quiet here on the homefront this morning.  I do have company as the 'Newlyweds' came over to spend the night. They will probably sleep in for another half hour or so.  Then we'll get ready for church. 

It is raining here today and it's very hard to get moving.  I slept in and enjoy it very much too.  Now my 3 days of R&R begin.  All the preparation and celebrating has quite worn me out. 

I do hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and remember I'll be praying for you all.  The good Lord knows our needs and answers every prayer.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,

Stood puzzling and puzzling: 'How could it be so?'

It came without ribbons! It came without tags!

It came without packages, boxes or bags!

And he puzzled three hours, 'till his puzzler was sore.

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!

Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.

Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!

Dr. Seuss

 

 

May the season's simple joys

Warm your heart...

Fill your home...

Last a lifetime

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying you will pray. I always stand in need of prayer as I battle with my sugars and....... I do not know what the New Year will hold as I will be seeing my surgeon again and my oncologist.  God bless you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Thank You for prayers.  It is so comforting to know you will always be there.  I can count on your entries each morning.  Also, the quote from Dr. Seuss was inspired!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful verse,I have already commented and said have a well earned rest today Sunday in the last posting.You so deserve one.I hope the newly weds enjoy there short stay with you and you with them too.Have a Very Blessed Sunday and thankyou for everything this year you have inspired me with.There have been plenty and you are a wonderful inspiration to anyone.I am so happy I found you in J/Land and I have learned much from your wonderful postings.Thankyou for all your prayers and all you little quotes I have so enjoyed reading.Well just THANKYOU for everything.May God Bless you and yours this Christmastime with love and peace and I hope you enjoy your long hard earned rest."Merry Christmas" Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed your holiday celebration. I still have to look at the photos...but I am going to after I leave this comment.
Enjoy your 3 days off. You deserve to rest now!
Pam

Anonymous said...

oh my rainy days do make it hard. wiat till you see what we had I will post a video fotahtat. itwas a sudden blizzard burst I enjoyed your pics greatly

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers....I know I need them.  Enjoy your R&R!!!  I'm cooking like a mad person today...tomorrow starts our celebrating.  I love you sharing the Grinch entry.  Christmas is definately more than tags, boxes, ribbons, & etc.  It is the BIRTH OF OUR DEAR LORD & SAVIOUR!!!!!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I whatch the grinch stole christmas all the time i love that saying about it. Leave me a comment at marys blog

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful three days just for you!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with many blessings, Janie