Tuesday, May 1, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 1

The Angel of May brings the blush and promise of spring. May's angel rejoices with us as we take heart at the sight of trees and shrubbery in bloom and relish our anticipation of the fruits to come.

This angel of spring reminds us that this is the time of awakening the seed within ourselves. Perhaps we have a deep longing, an artistic talent unexplored, or a friendship never quite attempted.

The angel of May will help us to discover this potential, nurturing our spirits so we can dare to fulfill this hidden promise and issue forth the fruits of a life fully lived.

Each time a Guardian Angel

notices a good deed -

a prayer, kindness or sacrifice -

she plucks a gold star from the heavens

and sends it to earth,

where it blooms as a golden daffodil.

Author Unknown.

GOOD MORNING !

Our April showers did bring May flowers. As I was looking around on my way home from work last evening, I was reminded of how it looked when we visited DS#4 and his family a month ago.

I’d say our season of Spring is a month later than theirs. Little leaves on the trees are popping out all around us now and it’s just not the grass that green anymore. I couldn’t help but be happy !

I’ll get another lovely view this morning as I travel through a little countryside on my way to work each day. The drive is only 20 minutes, but it takes me from my town to another smaller town with fields and farms in between. It is now daylight when I go to work. What a blessing.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

An Angel wrote:

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.

Anger is only one letter short of danger.

If someone betrays you once, it's his fault; if he betrays you twice, it's your fault.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events;

Small minds discuss people.

God gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into it's nest.

He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses more;

He who loses faith, loses all.

Beautiful young people are acts of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

The tongue weighs practically nothing, but so few people can hold it.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes the daylight comes very early now. I have noticed treses coming back out again and all ut the early flowers sure got messed up by the late winter

Anonymous said...

We missed out on the April showers this year ,havent had ant rain to speak of for a month ,but yes lots of lovely May flowers ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry...I really enjoyed it...and Spring for sure is the best...May flowers are all around...and angels rule!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all of your quotes for the day. Hope you have a good day today!
Pam

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful feeling to see everything coming back to life I agree.Loved the quotes and th elast one especially is one of my favourites only I say it a differant way.A wise head keeps a silent tounge.I hope you enjoyed you ride to worl today and I also hope you get plenty smiles and a little sunshine too along the way.Lovely posting once again.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It`s nice to have a scenic route to work. Enjoy the lovely spring flowers! I`m seeing tulips everywhere.  :0)
HUGS
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh