Thursday, May 31, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 31

Whatever else you do or forbear,

impose upon yourself the task of happiness;

and now and then abandon yourself to the joy of laughter.

And however much you condemn the evil in the world,

remember that the world is not all evil;

that somewhere children are at play,

as you yourself in the old days;

that women still find joy in the stalwart hearts of men;

And that men, treading with restless feet their many paths,

may yet find refuge from the storms of the world

in the cheerful house of love.

Max Ehrmann, 1872-1945

American Lawyer, Philosopher and Poet

GOOD MORNING !

There really is a lot of good in the world, we just don’t hear about it very often. I have the radio on all day at work so I keep up on the news, such as it is. Very rarely do I hear anything good. If we are looking for the media to keep us happy, we might just as well forget it.

My home has always been my haven. No matter how bad the day may have been, I always know that some relief will be waiting once I get home.

Eden is that old-fashioned house we dwell in every day Without suspecting our abode until we drive away.

Emily Dickinson

They say you should only have things in your home that you love . Anything else should go. I have lots of books here, lots of craft projects just waiting to be done, a collection of Bibles and books for my studies and lots of pictures of my loved ones. My dulcimers hang on the wall and don’t get played as much as they should but I love the quiet peaceful music they give when I do strum them. There is even a toy box in the living room for the grand’babes’ to enjoy when they come.

Those are all things I love and that are a part of who I am. My furnishings are all old and comfortable. There isn’t anything that is worth much to most people, but to me they are what make up my home.

The home should be the happiest spot we can ever know on earth.

Through wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; By knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Proverbs 3:4, 24

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens.

Douglas Jerrold

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart

MA

 

 

 

graphics by: www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes tis so true all of this. my home is well used and loved

Anonymous said...

you usually only here about the bad and that's a shame. There is a lot of good people around the world. I hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

There are so many good people in the world but we only ever hear about bad stuff ,Ilove all the treasdures that make up my home ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That's why I don't get the paper anymore and rarely watch the news....
and I love my home!!
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I do agree...your home should be filled with the things that you love. People included.
Hugs..Pam