Wednesday, May 16, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 16

The world is a looking glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face.

William Makepeace Thackeray

We've all heard it said a thousand different ways..."what goes around, comes around"... "you reap what you sow"... "you have to give to get", etc., etc.

If you truly desire change in your life, and aren't satisfied with what you have or how others treat you, quite possibly, the first place to look, is in the mirror!

Good Morning !

I think that what we give from the heart really does come back to us. I’ve been blessed so many times and ways that I’d like to think that is the reason why. It isn’t always easy to receive if there has been no reason for the gift.

When I was doing a search on mirrors, looking for some inspiration, I came across an article about Old Time Funhouse Mirrors. Years ago our amusement park had some, maybe they still do? I can remember the laughter as we saw our selves instantly tall and thin or wide and fat. Lots and lots of fun there.

So as I look in the mirror this morning – I’m going to smile ! I bet I get a smile back too !

Yesterday was like summer here. Today we’re back to a little bit lower than normal temps. Our weather has been like a rollercoaster ride – up and down.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

For it is in giving that we receive.

St. Francis Of Assisi

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.heartwarmingholidays.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday was nice even with the wind it was nice. BUT today well the rains have come and we will see howcool it gets. they say 60s but it got colder than they said so we will see.

Anonymous said...

I thought of you yesterday while at work. I was smiling at people and watched their reactions. It works!  LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I remember too well the hall of mirrors at a pleasureland here in England.Oh how funny that was .You have to give to recieve too true.You do reep what you sow too true.The list is endless but all are so true.We are having rain just now,but I have been for a lovely walk this morning whilst the sun decided to shine.I smiled all the way there and back.I do hope it was infectiuos on the people I passed by.Take Care God Bless .I hope you recieve  a few smiles today too.Take care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.ao.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Another very thought provoking entry. I must try even harder to make sure that the reflection of my own face is pleasant and warming.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smiles and friendship.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Doing my best to do some fabulous smiles here.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

I have always found if you smile and say good morning to people they always respond positively back, and it's so much nicer than scowling.
Jenny <><