Thursday, May 3, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 3

There comes a time when you must stand alone.

You must feel confident enough within yourself

to follow your own dreams.

You must be willing to make sacrifices.

You must be capable of changing and

rearranging your priorities so that

your final goal can be achieved.

Sometimes, familiarity and comfort

need to be challenged.

There are times when you must take

a few extra chances and create your own realities.

Be strong enough to at least try

to make your life better.

Be confident enough that you won't settle

for a compromise just to get by.

Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself

the opportunities to grow, develop,

and find your true sense of purpose in this life.

Don't stand in someone else's shadow

when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

For the next 7 days we are supposed to see some sunshine here! That sounds almost unbelievable to us in Northern Ohio

My Dad is back in the hospital. More tests and under observation. Hopefully we’ll know more today. He has not re-cooped from the pacemaker surgery as we’d all hoped and they are looking to find out why I guess.

I’m going to work as usual and will take that ***BIG SMILE*** along with me. You never know, there may be someone else that needs a smile today too !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When life seems just a dreary grind;

and things seem fated to annoy;

say something nice to someone else

and watch the world light up with joy.

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so soryy your Dad has had a setback.Having said that he is in the best hands, they will soon find out what the problem is.I do hope he keeps well in there, and they make him as comfortable as possible.The weather here has changed too it is a very dull day today.Given rain out for the week/end too, as usual it is the long week/end for all the workers here in England, they usually get the first Monday in MAY off work.Grrrrr.Then again things could be worse so I will smile and send it your way, sorry I carn't send the sunshine this morning,but I will say a little prayer you get some and Dad feels better soon..Have a lovely Thusrsday Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah;praying your dad gets answers. yes I have thought he has not bounced back as well as should have. we have rain thru derby day (Sat) that is NOT good in ky!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh your entry has been such a source of inspiration for me today.  Thanks for that.  Addressing issues that have been on my mind.  Hope you have a good Thursday.  Thank goodness we are almost at the end of the work week.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your Dad is back in hospital ,hope he soon feels better ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that your dad is in the hospital, hopefully they will find out what the problem is.  I hope you have a great sunshine day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your dad is back in the hospital. I hope things get sorted out real soon and he's back home quickly.  
I bet you are such a pleasure to work with each day. I can imagine you are a person that cheers everyone up in the morning.  You cheer me up each day with your journal.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope they manage to put your Dad right.  Glad your having sun, it's a  bit cool and cloudy today in the UK.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I loved your quote for the day at the beginning of your entry. :)
It`s nice to see the sun shining here in Ohio, isn`t it?
Enjoy!
Love ya
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

My total prayers go out to your Dad...that he feel better real soon.  What a great daughter he has in you, but I bet he already knows this.  Hugs and love,
Joyce