Friday, May 25, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 25

Step into my garden

Step in and you'll see

A measure of peace

And tranquility.

It's the scent of the blossoms

The buzz of the bees

The sweet song of birds

As they sing in the trees.

The sweet scent of roses

Their petals so new

As they glisten and sparkle

With the fresh morning dew.

Run your toes through the grass

Beneath a canopy of trees

Hear the rustle of leaves

As they blow in the breeze.

Let the beauty of springtime

Fill your soul with great peace

Take it with you and share it

With each one you meet.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

Springtime has turned to summer this week. It’s been almost toasty here. This weekend when everyone wants to get outdoors and have fun, we are promised some thundershowers.

This is day 1 of my 4 day weekend. I’m in the house doing a really good ‘house blessing’ today. It is sorely needed. Saturday and Sunday will be days spent with my Dad and then Monday hopefully, I’ll be able to get outside and do a few things.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A. A. Milne (The House at Pooh Corner)

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lvoe this holiday weekend. I did a journal entry but as usual its the holiday adn AOL is is not doing alerts. I had to come check yours on my own as I did not get the alert. BUT its a hoilday adn we hsall enjoy reguarless huh cause its pretty too

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your long weekend and a Happy Memorial Day Holiday to you as well.

Anonymous said...

Have a good holiday, I am working saturday and sunday there is a huge global day of prayer in a football ground, there will be thousands of us worshiping and praying.  cannot wait!
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

Such a cute tag!
Enjoy your long weekend!! :)
I hope the weather holds out.  :0)
Hugs
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

That is a great poem!
and it has been in the mid 90's here...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I just adore the picture at the begining of this post.It is one of the nicest I have seen yet.Fills my heart with joy.I love the verse too it is wonderful.How this post has lifted me today no end.i hope you manage to get outside for a little while.i too hope you find father well and i pray he will improve a little each day.the housework will wait,it will still be there tomorrow,so grab the moments outside first.Take Care God Bless .Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend if possible.Kath.

(I am trying to catch up on a few alerts whilst my company are still sleeping.) Byeeeeeee
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES