Wednesday, May 23, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 23

What another would have done as well as you,

do not do it.

What another would have said as well as you,

do not say it;

what another would have written as well,

do not write it.

Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself—

and thus make yourself indispensable.

Andre Gide

Good Morning !

It is over the hump day once more ! I’m off to work and you know my motto… I owe I owe it’s off to work I go….

I really don’t want you all to think I’m in terrible debt or something when I say that. I ‘m merely the one who supports myself and with out the good old paycheck I might have to become a burden to my family, so I continue to go off to work each day and thank the good Lord that I’m able.

I am now able to laugh about the grand pension that was left to me by my DDH. I do receive a monthly check graciously allowed to me from the company my husband worked for for 25 years…Don’t laugh now, it is $89.27 . I was dumbfounded at the time I found out and I was refused a lump sum. So for obout 15 years now I’ve accepted that precious sum to add to my wages to live on each month. I do tend to laugh a lot rather than cry.

The family home at the time was sold and I now hove my own home that is entirely paid for. You see the Lord has been very good to me. I am constantly thanking Him for my daily bread and He never fails me.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I was once afraid of people saying,

Who does she think she is?

Now I have the courage to stand and say,

This is who I am.

Oprah Winfrey

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should be able ot get his soscial security also on top of that. that does sound like a pitlins little bit to show to you. YOur in a good spot though with no house payment

Anonymous said...

If you have enough to pay your way and a little bit left then you can cope ,Im a great believer also in ...'The Lord will Provide'...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes it is so hard when one are by themselves I often think about these days when they finally arrive at my doorstep.Pray the lord it is a long time off as yet.Please accept my apologies about my comment yeterday it wasn't until I had pressed save that I realised I had made a mistake about you.I am so sorry for that.I do not know why,but I always get you mixed up with another J/land member who you have probably guessed by now.So yes I am so sorry about that mistake I made.I will surely not let it happen again.I do hope work goes fine today for you Wednesday and the sun shines on you and you get a few smiles along the way.As for the pension.well I could write a book about this.I think my words would be a little more severe than yours.Please look after yourself.You are an inspriration.I love th egraphic in the opening of your post today.So refreshing.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMLPERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That lemonade looks very refreshing, and even more so if it comes with hot, sunny weather. I know that it is not easy to get by on one's own, but thankfully, it can be done. I am happy that my needs in life are getting fewer every day and that I do not need to fill my life up with "stuff" or debt.  That pension seems like such a pittance, but if that is all that you can have, then you have made the most of it and are thankful. You have a good atittude if you have learned to laugh at things and it will serve you well. You could easily have another 40 years or more left in you yet. Don't sell yourself short

Anonymous said...

It's a real blessing to have a home that's paid for.  Have a great day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Its great you own your own place and don't have to worry about rent.  I know what you mean about being self-sufficent and its a good place to be at.  Don't work too hard though.  Hugs, Terry x