Monday, May 14, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 14

Our Father knows what's best for us,

So why should we complain—

We always want the sunshine

But He knows there must be rain

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

I’m having a slow start to the morning here. Sipping the good coffee and trying to wake up. Monday morning again and it’s a brand new week with lots of good things coming our way. We’ll see what today has to offer . I always hope that each new day will bring something nice along my way.

It was a chilly weekend, with temps in the lower 60’s and sunny. Today it’ll be a little warmer. As I had little opportunity to get outside, it really didn’t matter. But the sunshine is always nice to see.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

HOPE

A time ultimately comes when all my strength is gone and all the fight is gone too. What do you do when all of your fight is gone and you start to feel down, discouraged and defeated? I start to remember the battle is not mine but God's (2 Chronicles 20:15).

Sooner or later, I'm reminded that the Lord is king over all the earth (Zechariah 14:9). Sooner or later, I'm reminded that the Lord promises to fight my battles. Sooner or later, I'm reminded I don't need to allow the battles of life to drain me, discourage me, or defeat me.

My hope is in a God who is still fighting for me.

from one of my daily devotions

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

saturday was nice and warm but then it got cold that night and is cold again this morning. whehn its cold in the mornings it makes it hard to enjoy as you wear one thing for morning and its only warm a short time in the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

We too have had it much cooler with plenty rain,But as in the HSR verse we need the rain and it is all up to the Lord.We all must learn to take the bad with the good.I hope your Monday turns out lovely for you with plenty of sunshine,and let the rain fall throughout the might I say.I am afraid I do not like Mondays even though I do not work.Have as nice a monday as possible hope you get a few smiles along the way.Take Care God Bless. Kath
Astoriasand.http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We are still haveing showers,and its cold here ,But your entry is still sunny bless you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!! We are off to buy a car battery for the van today, seems it died over the weekend, lol... and we are looking at 92 degrees today, phew....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good Monday start to your week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope your Monday was good and it warmed up a bit.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

Yes God is the lifter of our heads.
Jenny <><