Sunday, May 13, 2007

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 13

A MOTHER'S LOVE

A Mother's love is something that no on can explain,

It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain,

It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may

For nothing can destroy it or take that love away . . .

It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,

And it never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking . .

It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns,

And it glows with all the beauty of the rarest, brightest gems . .

It is far beyond defining, it defies all explanation,

And it still remains a secret like the mysteries of creation . . .

A many splendoured miracle man cannot understand

And another wondrous evidence of God's tender guiding hand.

Helen Steiner Rice

Good Evening !

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s out there!

There are many kinds of Moms I’ve found. Some are great and some not so great. Some we’ve adopted along the way and some we inherited. Some are young, some are old.Some are working Moms, some are SAHM’s. One thing is for sure – we’d never have existed without them. They brought us into this world with the good Lord’s help . All of life is such a miracle in itself.

I’ve been very blessed to be a Mom of 7 children. 6 boys and 1 darlin’ daughter. I also have 11 beautiful grandchildren that I just love so much. My own dear Mom passed away last March a year ago and I do miss her, but I always feel she’s just as close as the beat of my heart, because she’s there – right there. In my heart always.

After spending the weekend with my Dad I’m now home and getting ready for another new work week to begin tomorrow. What a very fast weekend!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

All mothers are physically handicapped.

They have only two hands.

Anonymous

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy mothers day to you

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I couldn't get through all my alerts yesterday,there are so many at times and I hate to miss them if possible I do try to answer them all,but this entry is lovely and so true.Us moms are so blessed and were blessed too with our wonderful moms.I like you miss my mom but I was only 31 when I lost my Mom ,so I never had her round long enough.Nevertheless she is in my thought night and day always.I hope you had a nice week/end with dad and he feeling better.Have a lovely Monday.I cannot send you any sunshine today it is pouring with rain and has done all night.I hope you get a few smiles today.Take care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You are a Mom to SEVEN???  Ok...you're super mom in my book!  WOW!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise you have seven children, oh my!  I hope you had a wonderful mother's day.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful Mum ,that comes over in the entrys you do about your lovely family to whom you are very special ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Linda :)