Saturday, May 5, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 5

DUST IF YOU MUST

Dust if you must.

But wouldn't it be better to paint a picture,

or write a letter, bake a cake, or plant a seed.

Ponder the difference between want and need.

 Dust if you must.

But there's not much time,

with rivers to swim and mountains to climb!

Music to hear, and books to read,

friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must.

But the world's out there with

the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,

a flutter of snow, a shower of rain.

This day will not come 'round again.

Dust if you must.

But bear in mind, old age will come

and it's not kind.

And when you go, and go you must,

you, yourself, will make more dust.

Remember, a house becomes a home

when you can write "I love you" on the furniture.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

As you all know for quite awhile I’ve been spending every Saturday with my Dad so that my caregiver sister can have a break and believe me things are getting a little dusty here at my house.

Saturday’s used to be ‘House Blessing’ day. But I’m thankful I can take the time to be with him, so the dusting and whatever else can wait…It does that very nicely.

Dad is home, tests are not complete and he’s tired of being pricked and poked so we’ll just have to wait and see how things go.

We are 3 my sisters and me and between us we’ll help him out.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is happy dust ...happy where it is ...hugs to your Dad ,have a good week end ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he finds out whats wrong. yes the dust never goes anyplace does it

Anonymous said...

Really like your poem today, mmm lots of dust round here but busy having fun.  Hope your day with dad goes ok and that he, too, is feeling a bit brighter today.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

Happy to read your Dad is now home...hope he has a wonderful weekend, with his loving daughter...hugs, love and prayers to both of you...

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love it...enjoy your journal so much...have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

HOpe your Dad is doing well and the dust bunnies are at least not running around clogging up noses.  LOL.
Good dust bunnies.  Stay dust bunnies.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are doing the right thing.  I only clean house now when there's absolutely nothing else to do.  It is so important to have those moments with your Dad while he's here, I would give anything for that.  Have a Blessed Day!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with your Dad. The dust will still be there waiting. It ain't goin' nowhere! <smile>
Pam

Anonymous said...

Yes the work will always wait it will still be there no matter how long.I do hope your Dad feels much better soon it is such a worry and so hard work too looking after sick people.Sometimes the carers are not thought about enough.Prayers being said for you all.I hope you get a little sunshine and a few smiles along the way.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Dad has three great daughters!!
Hope there will not be much more pricking and prodding and things are well...
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me good reasons to put off dusting around here. :)
I hope your dad is feeling better and no more getting pricked and poked. :/
Love ya xo
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

I agree there is so much else to do other than dusting.  A little bit of dust never hurt anyone.
I hope your Dad picks up soon.
Jenny <><