Wednesday, May 2, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 2

From one of my morning devotions:

Astronaut John Glen said a standard test for astronaut candidates in his day was to have them give 20 answers to the question WHO AM I

He said, the first few questions were easy then it got harder.

How would we answer the question?

I am 3 people

The one I think I am

The one other people think I am

And the one God thinks I am

I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up, and did not let my foes rejoice over me.

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. O Lord, you brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones, and give thanks to his holy name. For his anger is but for a moment; his favor is for a lifetime.

Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved." By your favor, O Lord, you had established me as a strong mountain; you hid your face; I was dismayed.

To you, O Lord, I cried, and to the Lord I made supplication: "What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the Pit? Will the dust praise you?

Will it tell of your faithfulness? Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!"

You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

Psalm 30

GOOD MORNING !

Joy to you this morning ! I’m so thankful for this day. As I was watching the evening news last evening I thought about just how blessed I am. The news is one scary thing most days. We had some tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms.

Sometimes we look around at our financial situation and think that there is nothing to be thankful for. Other times we glance at our relationships or health challenges and think that giving thanks borders on the absurd.

Yet, if we look around us, we can see that we are not alone in our trials, that many others are having to face similar problems.

Being thankful for life itself is a way of making life better. When we look away from our problems, even for a short time, and generate joy in our hearts, we find that the world seems to change a bit.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You'll find when you smile

Your day will be brighter,

And all of your burdens

Will seem so much lighter.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying that the tornados and storms miss you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I always try to smile when my burdons are heavy and it does make things much lighter too.It has happened to me today already.Thanx for the lovely reading here today and all your little graphics too which brighten every  day I come here to your journal..The chidren playing music one is so sweet.I hope the weather is not too severe for you.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

great news you have here on being thankful. We got to look at those blessings around us. even if htey dont seem like it at the time

Anonymous said...

These are great things to think about today. No matter how bad it seems that things are, or how sorry we feel for ourselves, we must remember that whatever despair we are feeling is nothing compared to what some other people are suffering and for that we must give thanks. We have much to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

I really need to look around and count my blessings more often. You do seem to remind me of my blessings. Thank you for that.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Your a blessing for you uplifting entries...
I loved your statement...be thankful for life itself.  That speaks volumes...many hugs and love,
Joyce