Friday, May 11, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 11

 

Life is like a book that never ends.

Chapters close, but not the book itself.

 Marianne Williamson

Every book is different, with a unique storyline and a unique finish. Our lives are like a book and each day makes up the chapters. Some of these chapters are lively and exciting, more are plain and predictable. God is always gently inviting us to see each day as a fresh beginning. Today is always the most important chapter.

Good Morning!

My chapters and pages are filling up fast. It seems just yesterday it was Easter and before we know it Memorial Day will be here. It always seems like that is the kick off to Summer here.

May 30th was always the traditional Memorial Day now it will be the 28th which is a Monday. Thankfully some smart person managed to have some of our holidays switched to Mondays. This will make for a nice long holiday for me as I can take Friday as a vacation day and have Monday off work for the holiday.

I need a break from work for sure. I only get 10 vacation days and that is far too few. I try to scatter them though out the year especially around the holidays so that I’ll have time to spend with my family.

So far this week we’ve had nothing but warmth and sunshine here and I’m loving it. I know it’s too earlyfor us to be this warm, but I’m not going to complain !

It is FINALLY Friday once more. The end of another work week and the beginning of another weekend. It could be a great one…we’ll see….

BLESSING FOR TODAY

May God give you new eyes to see what can be, New courage to do what you can do, And open hands to receive what will come to pass.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Put your dearest wish in God's hands today

And discuss it with Him as you faithfully pray,

And you can be sure your wish will come true

If God feels that your wish will be good for you.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is lovely you are getting a long weekend.You so deserve it.Anyone who works I feel should get a little more time off throu out the year.How lovely the weather is being kind to you too,I do hope it lasts for your break.Another lovely HSR I love her verse.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

after the long drawn out winter im not complaining about warm right now . this is the first week I have not had to wear long sleeves and jackt in the morning and strip down a bit in the after nooon to return to my jacket inthe evening. lol I would wear layers short sleeves with shirt then a jacket. last two days have been same clothes in the morning as afternoon

Anonymous said...

we are having nice weather up here also.  I just wanted to say Floyd's Mother always said we have a surprise gift everyday and I get mine for sure by reading your "Morning Sunshine" every morning.  Thank you for that.  Have a great weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely long week end,thankyou for another inspirational entry ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend! I bet you can`t wait for that holiday to get some extra days off.  :)
Hugs
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

This year is flying! However May has slowed a bit, since the boys will be out of school soon...
Linda :)