Tuesday, May 29, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 29

Give us patience when things disturb,

So we can somehow gently curb

Hasty words in anger spoken,

Leaving hearts sad and broken.

Helen Steiner Rice

A patient man has great understanding,

but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

Proverbs 14:29

GOOD MORNING !

We are reminded once again to be gentle in our speech, our thoughts, and our actions. It’s so easy to make or break someone’s day by what we say and do. We often don’t mean to be cruel or unjust. What we think as something trivial can be monumental to someone else.

I’ve had occasions when I just knew by the look on a person’s face that I’d said the wrong thing. One moment a smiling face, the next a frown. Sadly, we can not reverse what has been said. Of course the opposite is also true. I’ve many times seen a frown turn upside down by simply smiling at someone who doesn’t have one to share.

When I was at Dad’s this past weekend, we had a visit from my Dad’s sister and her husband. I rarely get to see my Aunts and Uncles anymore, so it was really nice to see them. They brought some old pictures to share with Dad, and reminisced over the old days.

My uncle, who was always a character, shared a few jokes with us too. It was so very good to see my Dad with a smile on his face. I’m very thankful for that visit and I’m sure he was too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

As long as we have what we have inside, the capacity to love, to work, to hear music, to see a flower, to look at the world as it is, nothing can stop us from being happy . . . but one thing you must take seriously. You must get rid of the ifs of life. Many people tell you, 'I would be happy - if I had a certain job, or if I were better looking, or if a certain person would marry me.' There isn't any such thing. You must live your life unconditionally, without the ifs.

Famed pianist Arthur Rubinstein, when celebrating his 84th birthday

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes it is one cruel unkind word and its over so easily

Anonymous said...

How lovely your uncle came to visit Ibet your Dad enjoyed talking over old times and looking at pictures ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

oh yes I know that look when I have said something wrong and I just want to take it back. You have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Have a good day at work!!
I'm having an extra day off this week due to the little one still being sick...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your Aunt and Uncle.  You are so right about the "ifs" but it's difficult not to think of them at times.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Pleased you had a good weekend with family, i love family photos even if i don't know who they are.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/