Sunday, May 27, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 27

 

Little do we realize

That the glory and the power

Of He who made the universe

Lies hidden in a flower.

Helen Steiner Rice

The heavens are telling the glory of God; they are a marvelous display of his craftsmanship. —Psalm 19:1

The miracle of love is like the miracle of a flower, it thrives upon the sunshine of a smile...it entwines itself around the heart. Its roots are secured in the memories of yesterday and its petals breathe the promise of joy-filled tomorrows. To be loved is to know happiness and contentment. To give love is to know the joy of sharing oneself. It is through the miracle of love that we discover the fullness of life.

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve been at my Dad’s since Saturday morning so my entry is a little late today . I'm getting ready for church and after that will go back to Dad's til evening.

Tomorrow the plan is to work outside. The porch needs a good scrubbing off as well as my patio furniture. Hopefully with the warmer days there will be plenty of opportunities to sit outside and watch the birds in the evening. We are blessed by some tiny little hummers that are such fun to see.

The flowers are blooming. Our azalea bushes are beautiful right now and the Bachelor buttons are out in full force. Before long I’ll have some tiny roses on my rosebush. The hostas have grown a lot and need to be separated once more. We seem to have them scattered here there and everywhere. It truly looks like I’ll have more work than I have energy, but I’ll try…

Today is the 2nd anniversary of this journal. I used to have one here before this one and deleted it. Regretfully, I can never retrieve that one. Here is a link to my first entry in this one. http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/entries/2005/05/27/new-journal/288

I have a picture there of Our Sweetheart and I sort of like the way it is now with the new picture element we have.

Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get. (Life's Little Instruction Calendar, 1999)

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul.

Luther Burbank

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't work too hard over the weekend.  I hope you enjoy the time with your dad.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

Once again i want to tell you how much I enjoy your Good Morning!  journal.
Have a wonderful day working in the garden, it's raining here today but I plan on
that garden work tomorrow.  The best to you, Joni

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely Day with your Dad,and then in your garden ,I cant do any today as its raining ,never mind the flowers are enjoying it ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

if yoyu have the lik to that old one I may be able to get some of that back for you there is a site taht has old jouranls on it even if delted. kind of scary but in this case you would be glad to see the old posts. yes its why I only closed my old one up not deleted it. I would regret it too. but if you send me the old link I ll look it up for ou adn see if any posts are left from it.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved reading your journal. ;o) Thank you for all of your inspirations! ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your sit on the porch and tell Dad Hi!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope the weather cooperates so you can get your work done tomorrow. have a great holiday. :0)
Love ya xo
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary of your journaling.  I really enjoying reading your journal everyday --- it is like visiting with a good friend.  I always count on you to inspire and make me smile.  Hope you get your porch scrubbed.  My son power washed our house siding today and it looks great! Have a great day off and enjoy yourself.  Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd anniversary to your wonderful journal. Sounds like your having a fun weekend. Hope you had a good time at church and you get your porch done.