Tuesday, May 15, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 15

A few oldies that you may have heard before, but these have a slightly different twist....

 

Sometimes people come into your life

and you know right away that they were meant to be there.

To serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help

figure out who you are or who you want to become.

You never know who these people may be but when you lock

eyes with them, you know that very moment that

they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you at the time

that may seem horrible, painful and unfair,

but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those

obstacles you would have never realized your potential,

strength, will power or heart.

Everything happens for a reason.

Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck.

Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness

and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul.

Without these small tests, life would be like a smoothly paved,

 straight, flat road to nowhere.

Safe and comfortable but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet affect your life.

The successes and downfalls that you experience can create

who you are, and the bad experiences can be learned from.

In fact, they are probably the most poignant

and important ones.

If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart,

forgive them because they have helped

you learn about trust and the importance

of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally,

not only because they love you,

but because they are teaching you to love

and to open your heart and eyes to little things.

Make every day count.

Appreciate every moment and take from it everything

that you possibly can, for you may never be able

to experience it again.

Talk to people you have never talked to before,

and actually listen.

Let yourself fall in love,

break free and set your sights high.

Hold your head up because you have every right to.

Tell yourself you are a great individual

and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself,

no one else will believe in you.

Create your own life and then go out and live it.

"If you take your eyes off your goals,

all you see are obstacles."

 

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve been many things to many people. Friend, lover, mom, enemy, consultant, adversary, co-worker, sister, daughter, wife and most of all me…

Very few people really know who I am, under the guise of one of my other titiles. Sometimes I don’t even know myself. I’ve discovered that it is important to know and appreciate yourself for who you are.

My solitary life probably enables me more me time than most people would ever have. It’s good in someways and terrible in others. This morning I’m the worker and I’ll be dawning my ***BIG SMILE*** as I go out the door! It is the one thing that never changes, no matter what hat I’m wearing

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

BEAUTY TIPS FOR EVERYONE!

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in other people.

To lose weight, let go of stress, hatred, anger, contentment and the need to control others.

To improve your ears, listen to the word of God.

Rather than focus on the thorns of life, smell the roses and count your blessings, giving thanks for each one of them.

For poise, walk with knowledge and self-esteem.

To strengthen your arms, hug at least 3 people a day. Touch someone with your love.

To strengthen your heart, forgive yourself and others.

Don't worry and hurry so much. Rather than walk this earth lightly, walk firmly with determination and leave your mark.

 For the ultimate in business, casual or evening attire put on the robe of Christ; it fits like a glove but allows room for growth. Best of all, it never goes out of style and is appropriate for any occasion.

Doing these things on a daily basis will certainly make you a more beautiful person.

Peace Is Not The Absence Of Trouble

But The Presence of God

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I ll put on a big smile today Im feeling a bit moody adn emotional today.

Anonymous said...

Yet another wonderful entry ,How do you do it ? smiling right back at you ,loved the new slant on the old sayings ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

These words are so lovely and I often have a tear in my eye as I read them each day.So true and so much advise as well amongst them.Things we can learn to make us a better person.We never stop learning.I do hope you have a lovely day and a little sunshine to make it brighter.Heres a big smile from me to you  :-)))))
Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT entry. They are all great, but this one I'm saving to read later tonight again when I'm done being a worker.  I love that you wear such a big smile each day. That alone makes you feel better.
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow -- such powerful readings for today and they are incredible. They certainly lift up my spirits and make me feel proud of being who I am. I also realize there is plenty of room for some improvement. I live a solitary life as well. In many ways it is good and in other ways it can be quite frightening. The "others' in my life live far, far away so I have no choice about trying to stay strong cause I have no one else but myself to lean on. That is the frightening part. Hard to imagine you being an "enemy" to anyone. Happy Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great mothers day? Love your entry.