Friday, May 18, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 18

Being optimistic doesn't mean we will have everything our way. But when optimism has its roots in a complete trust in God, then things begin to happen.

It allows us to see problems as stepping stones and it allows us to see setbacks as life learning. Being optimistic allows us to be creative, hopeful and gives us the freedom to always do our best.

 Optimism is a seed sown in the soil of faith, pessimism is a seed sown in doubt.

An Old Saying

GOOD MORNING !

Each day does bring problems in my life. Changes are going on around me that I absolutely have no control over. The only way I can think to deal with them is just do the best I can for the day.

I need to keep a positive outlook on life and not let things get me down sooooo I’m going to SMILE and do what I can. I might surprise myself and do more than I think I can, but one thing is for sure I’m going to try.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Each day brings a unique measure of challenges and successes and its own measure of the unknown. No matter how difficult or challenging a day might be there will always be a moment to be grateful for. We pause each day to thank God for these moments.

Fr. James McSweeney

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all we can do,  is do our best at the time we're doing it. Take each day one at a time. I try to live like that....otherwise I really can get overwhelmed.
Have a good day and keep your lovely smile for all to see.
Pam

Anonymous said...

we can only do what we can do

Anonymous said...

I am having such a day today full of frustration so I will do as you and smile and keep a posotive outlook I hope everything works out LOL!! I have been trying since 5am this morning to conquer what is frustrating me,no luck as yet.Haaaa.Have a lovely Friday yourself,I hope the sun shimes down on you and you get plenty smiles nback.:-) Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

And lots of sunshines and smiles back to you...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

thank you once again for another gentle reminder to stay positive.
betsy

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes as well as it can and you have some smiles along the way too. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hope things are not too trying for you at the moment.  Hugs, Terry x