Monday, May 21, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 21

 

Everybody, everywhere

seeks happiness, it's true,

But finding it and keeping it

seem difficult to do.

Difficult because we think

that happiness is found

Only in the places where

wealth and fame abound.

And so we go on searching

in palaces of pleasure

Seeking recognition

and monetary treasure,

Unaware that happiness is

just a state of mind

Within the reach of everyone

who takes time to be kind.

For in making others happy

we will be happy, too.

For the happiness you give away

returns to shine on you.

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

It is Monday once again. The rising and the shinning is getting a bit harder each week, but I’m still persevering and I’ve still managed to find my SMILE each day.

BRRRchill-- it was a chilly weekend here. They say maybe we’ll be warmer tomorrow…I hope so. I need some sunshine and warmth. I haven’t been able to get rid of my flannels yet and I’m tired of them already.

After my second cup of that good hot coffee, I hopefully will be on my way to work once more. I owe , I owe, it’s off to work I go !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

God does not judge us by the multitude of works we perform, but how well we do the work that is ours to do. The happiness of too many days is often destroyed by trying to accomplish too much in one day.

We would do well to follow a common rule for our daily lives--DO LESS, AND DO IT BETTER

Dale Turner

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday was nice for us. But yesthis dragging winter does seem to be wearing us down this year. making it harder to get up. IN fact hubby over slept this morning. He did not get up till six of ocurse he really doeant have to be in till 8 but he likes to get an early start to the day . and he did work yesterday all day so that did make it up. But we have been very tired lately also more so than ususal.

Anonymous said...

The erse is once again lovely.It is so true that happiness is destroyed trying to acomplich too much.I had such a day yesterday and today I am not at all feeling how i should.I will remember this little quote form now on.I am soory it has been such a cold week/end for you.The sun has shone for me where I live and it has been so lovely.I hope it soon comes your way and have a lovely day at work if possible with a few smiles to cheer you.Take care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://jounrlas.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That is good advice do less do it well ,hmm must try that ,Itend to do it all then burn my self out for the next couple of days  ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Such cute kitties ! Happiness can be very elusive at times till we get past ourselves and make an effot to bring happiness to others. Sometimes it is very hard to get up in the morning and I admire your stamina day after day, however not like most of us have much choice about this as we need the paycheque. Do less and do it better is a very good common rule for our daily lives. Many encouraging thoughts for today and wishing you a good one.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful week! I`m getting caught up on journals again slowly but surely. I hear tomorrow is going to be a hot one.  
Love ya
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh