Saturday, May 12, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 12

From one of my morning devotionals…

In my childhood no one had portable DVD players, iPods, Leapsters, or PSP's. We had to settle for coloring books, comic books, and puzzle books or a treat—a Connect-the-Dots Book.

Life has often taken me from dot to dot

Faith means you keep going, anticipating the outcome without knowing it. You don't stop, even when you're not certain where the next dot is, or if there is one.

God has a plan; he has a design, he put the plot in the dots There are still many dots to being worked out in my life. He's not finished with me yet.

GOOD MORNING !

This morning I’m enjoying a few quiet moments of coffee and computer time before I go to spend the weekend with Dad. I’ll be out at his place til Sunday evening. Just so you know I won’t have another entry til then.

Dad has a computer, but it’s on dial up and I don’t like to tie up his phone so I don’t use it at all. Needless to say I feel a little strange with out my computer, as I’m used to have access to it anytime I want. At work or at home I’m always on it.

I’ll take along a good book to pass the time instead.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY !

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind... let it be something good.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual enjoy the weekend at your Dads ,and dont forget my hug ,hope you enjoy your book and break from the PC ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I always miss my computer when we are away on camping trips . so use to visiting my friends daily

Anonymous said...

OK, So that was my little push that I needed today.  Tonight I will ask myself.....What have I left behind in place of today?  Will whatever it is be of benefit to anyone?  Thank You (again)

Anonymous said...

Another thought...I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find time for "a good book", and I hate that!

Anonymous said...

I  like that, 'he put the plot in the dots'.  So true of life.  Have a good time with your Dad.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Coffee time is good.  I'm enjoying mine.  On my second cup.  And probably should have stopped at one.  LOL.  
Enjoy time with your Dad and while reading your book.
Have a wonderful weekend and I know that Mother's Day will be awesome for you!!!!!
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your analogy of connecting the dots in life. Sometimes the dots criss cross many times...but there is always a new dot to be found. Just wonderful! Thank you for sharing this.
I hope you have a great day and a very happy MOM's day!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will have a great day with Dad and I so hope you find him feeling well.I wish I had my Dad to go visit.I would much rather have that than any computer.Hope you get lots of smiles and Sunshine too.I shall miss your posts.Have a lovely MOTHERS day.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother`s Day!!!!!

Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

I loved dot to dots as a child!!
Linda :)