Thursday, May 10, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 10

THE UNOFFICIAL SMILEY DICTIONARY

Emoticons and Moodicons

:-) Your basic smiley.

 ;-) Winky smiley. For a flirtatious and/or sarcastic remark.

 :-( Frowning smiley, or depressed.

 :-I Indifferent smiley.

:-> User just made a really biting sarcastic remark. Worse than :-) >

:-> User just made a really devilish remark.

>;-> Winky and devil combined. A very lewd remark was just made.

 !-( Black eye

%-) User has been staring at a green screen for 15 hours.

%-6 User is brain dead

'-) One eyed man

(-: User is left handed

(:-( Unsmiley frowning

(:-) Smiley big-face

(:I Egghead

)8-) Scuba smiley big-face

):-( Unsmiley big-face

*:o) Bozo the Clown!

*<:-) User is wearing a Santa Claus Hat

,-) One eyed winking man

.-) User only has one eye

/:- Mr. Spock

0-) Smiley cyclops (scuba diver?)

3:[ Mean Pet smiley

3:] Pet smiley

8-) User is wearing sun-glasses

8:-) Glasses on forehead

:'-( User is crying

:'-) User is so happy, she is crying

:( Sad

:) Cheshire cat smile

Good Morning !

You all know how much I value a SMILE so when I found the list above, I thought I needed to share it with you all. Of course I’d never remember what they all mean, but now we know.

From one of my morning devotionals I found this interesting bit of trivia:

Saint Theresa of Avila. a Spanish nun who founded the reformed order of the Carmelites in 1562 used to look for novices who knew how to laugh, eat and sleep.

She believed that. if they ate heartily - they were healthy,

if they slept well - they were more than likely free of serious sin,

and if they laughed - they had the necessary disposition to survive a difficult life.

Sounds like good, solid advice to me!

BLESSING FOR TODAY

May God give you new eyes to see what can be,

New courage to do what you can do,

And open hands to receive what will come to pass.

Thought for Today

Do the best you can in the place where you are, and be kind.

Scott Nearing

May your day be blessed with a few Smiles and lots of Sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too cannot remember the smiley dictionary.I see many of these about today and I often wonder what they mean LOL!! I think the tenth one down the list maybe sounds a little like me LOL!! .%-6  user is brain dead Haaa!! Now I shall have to copy this out and try remember or refer to this list for future referance.Beautiful graphics this morning they cheer me plenty,I hope you have a lovely Thursday and get a few smiles  along the way and a  little sunshine too.Thankyou for bringing a smile to my face this sunshiney morn over here.St Theresa's Advise is solid and good as you expressed.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

yes we had a peppy dr at the hospital yesterday she was just bubbly well she was an anthestisiaologist but she sure acted like she had some happy gas lol
%-6 User is brain dead  <~ is me today lol

Anonymous said...

I think I had better print these smiles off ,cos like you Id never remember them ,have a lovely smiley day ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

{8>) Smiles to you too.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Love the smileys.   ô¿ô


Penny   xo

Anonymous said...

I love the smilies!!!
Linda :)