Friday, May 4, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 4

Family ties are precious

things woven through the years,

of laughter, love and tears.

 

Family ties are cherished things

forged in childhood days,

by love of parents deep and true,

by tradition, by family ways.

 

Family ties are treasured things

 and far though we may roam,

the tender bond with those we love

still pull our hearts toward home.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I’m up and sipping the good coffee and very thankful for it this morning! It always seems I’m totally worn out by the end of the work week and it takes all weekend to feel human again.

My job isn’t hard at all , but the days are long and my energy fades fast. I had the energy when I needed it raising my family and now it’s time to take it slower and enjoy life more. I just need to adjust to a different me, I guess.

Last evening I gave myself a badly needed hair cut, maybe that’ll help add a little bounce to my step. After wearing my hair short for many years, It feels like it weighs a ton when it starts to grow out. An inch or so does make a difference.

It is Friday , my favorite day of week and I’m off to work once more. Another sunny day here they say!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every sunrise is a present,

A gift from God above,

Gift-wrapped with scarlet ribbons,

Tied with bows of love.

Each day's a new beginning,

A time to start anew,

While all the stars are sleeping,

The rose is fresh with dew.

Each day's a new creation,

Too lovely to ignore,

We may find a blessing,

Just outside our door.

We cannot keep the past,

Like fireflies in a jar;

Nor journey to the future,

By wishing on a star.

Every sunrise is a blessing,

A gift for just today,

Rejoice my friend,

Embrace it before it fades away!

Author Unknown

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah after two sleepless nights last night I had one of thoes......... cant shut down things I was up doing and running all night around the house. Then When I finally laid down........ I could not sleep I could not shut down

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good words in your journal, as always.  I hope your Friday goes well!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good Friday!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love the poem.As for the hair cut.So thats maybe why I have no energy and no bounce left these days .I have let mine grow pretty long just now.I find it mush easier to handle in that I can pin it up in flash.I wonder how I managed all my four children,I think I must have used all my bounce up on them LOL!!Friday today then you can have a nice couple of well earned days rest ENJOY them.I hope you get a few smiles along the way.I hope the sun is shing for you too.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel ,I found I was putting all my energys into my work ,and was totally used up when I got home that was when I decided to retire at 64 ,now Im so busy doing my own things I couldnt fit work in ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

There was a time in my younger years that I could never see myself as wanting or needing to slow down. However, that time has arrived and I find that I relish it. There is no longer a race to the finish line, just a leisurely stroll along the path of life and I love it this way. I get to see more, experience more and enjoy more and it does not leave me tired and breathless, only amazed at all the things I had missed before when I was in a big hurry. As much as I hate the thought of being "old", I really am enjoying this time in life. I just wished that I could be retired and well off financially so that I could enjoy it even more. However, like many of us, it is off to work I go for another few more years yet. Groan.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, my dear! I hope you enjoy it and get some rest, too.
(((hugs)))
Penny

Anonymous said...

We had a bit of rain this week and our 90's dipped  to the 60's...
Hope Dad is better soon...
Have a restful weekend!
Linda :)