Thursday, May 24, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 24

 

At age 20,

we worry about what others think of us.

At 40,

we don't care what they think of us.

At 60,

we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all.

Jock Falkson

GOOD MORNING !

When I read the quote above, I thought how true that is. I can remember the painful teen age years when we worried so much. Things like whether we were wearing the right clothes or not seem so trivial today.

Times and people do change a lot over the years. The dear friends I have now were made in my middle age and even we don’t really see a lot of each other. Our life styles and needs have changed and many things pull us in different directions.

When it comes down to it, I suppose we just need to be content with what we are and rejoice in that. Most of the time, I am able to work and play for its own sake, not to look good in the eyes of others

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I'm not happy, I'm cheerful. There's a difference. A happy woman has no cares at all.

A cheerful woman has cares but has learned how to deal with them.

Beverly Sills (1929-) American Opera Singer

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know whats funny. I was just talking to Todd the other day............. I said I dont really care what others think ofme. I said Im not here to make people happy or be a door mat. I was talking about correcting a problem with someone. thye were wrong and made a mistake. He siad he doesnt take kindly to correction........ even as gently as you did it. thats when I made that statement. When someone mistreats another person I dont like to let them get away with that I think they need to know.

Anonymous said...

Your postings are so inspiring and all the little quotes you write are all so true too.I love the picture above today it reminds me of my youngest sons dog.He was a tiny puppy like this,when they got him, which had been abused.He is now 10yrs old and a fine looking dog.God Is Good.Yes we do have to deal with these things don't we I agree with your words.I hope you have a lovely Thursday and plenty sunshine and smiles along the way.I am going to be cheerful today after reading this.I amlearning from your postings each day Thankyou so much.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Aah!  all so true.  I hope i don't get too crouchy with old age though because i have stopped caring altogether.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful entry. I am at that stage where I don't care what other people think of me as well. It is very freeing to be true to oneself and just be. I quite enjoy that aspect of life and it is a nice surprise to discover in our mature years.

Anonymous said...

I find it's much harder to make friends as I get older. Not on my part, but on theirs. Everyone seems more cautious. Sad, really.
Pam

Anonymous said...

may your day be blessed too. Teenage years are hard ones for most of  us. I'm so happy that I'm not a teenager. Of course I do have two now and I know how hard it can still be.