Wednesday, May 9, 2007

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 9

New flowery scents strewed everywhere,

New sunshine poured in largesse fair,

"We shall be happy now," we say.

A voice just trembles through the air,

And whispers, "May."

Sarah C. Woolsey, American writer (1835-1905)

GOOD MORNING !

I’m in awe of the lovely Spring day we had yesterday! It was warm, the sun finally came out in the afternoon and the lilacs were so fragrant that they filled the air with their heavenly scent.

If we could just box up days like that and pull them out in the middle of winter, how nice it would be.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

And I urge you to please notice when you are happy,

and exclaim or murmur or think at some point,

'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'

Kurt Vonnegut

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah right now I d just like to keep these days around in stead of any cold coming back

Anonymous said...

And if I could box up your lovely thoughts,and keep them for when Im low ,you are always so positive ,its so refreshing ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you got a little sunshine .Yes how much differant it makes you feel.I too was in my glory walking along the seashore in that lovely spell of sunshine for a while we got too yesterday.I grabbed at the chance.I have just been out to do the same this morning.Oh to smell the freshh air the sea breeze on my face was wonderful..The smell of all those beautiful flower beds as I passed by.I must admit I feel much better for the walk..Back to doing other things now,I do not work but there are plenty chores around th ehome when I have done my alerts.Have a lovely day I hope you get some smiles and more sunshine.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Gooood point!  I think so many only notice when they are unhappy.  We need to celebrate the happy times!  Thanks for all that you do!

Anonymous said...

The Thought for Today is something good to live by. I love the graphics as they look so summery to me. May is such an incredible month and the air is filled with the perfume of so many blooms. If we could box up some of that it would be a great treasure indeed.

Anonymous said...

We do need to recognize happiness. Have a good day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have a great day. Enjoy the sunshine!!

Penny